|Job Ref:||204785687||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||East Sussex||City:||Lewes||Address:||Post Code:||BN7||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:59|
ASL, a well-respected company within te telecommunications industry, is looking for a product manager with a good industry wide knowledge to join its vibrant, friendly and professional team. The role will be very interesting, at times challenging but great rewards are guaranteed! |
Product Manager will oversee the entire development and production process of ASL iVENCS product range and coordinate departmental teams to ensure the product success. As such, the Product Manager will contribute to product strategy, maintain the documented form of that strategy including product road map, and communicate the strategy both internally and externally to existing and potential customers.
Product Manager will also monitor and review market and technology trends to determine best methods to make the product and services profitable for the company.
• Define and manage the Company's product portfolio and roadmap.
• Develop Client relationship and capture their requirements.
• Work with the Sales Team to forge and maintain relationships with key customers, explaining the current product range and obtaining feedback on issues and potential improvements.
• Develop technology and delivery partnerships.
• Working with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
• Develop expert knowledge in competitor analysis by monitoring competitor product ranges and providing technical and commercial feedback to ASL management.
• Monitor, review and continually improve products design, development, deployment and support activities.
• Manage the product life cycle ensuring smooth transitioning of old product to new product with a particular emphasis on stock and customer spares/life commitment.
• Provide training to the internal teams and customers.
• Deliver market requirements document's (MRD) and product requirements document's (PRD) with prioritized features and corresponding justification.
• Support and maintain iVENCS system deliveries.
• Develop core positioning and messaging for products.
• Set pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals.
• Maintain Technical-Commercial Literature: Data sheets, applications examples, presentations.
• Support the annual budget process.
Skills and Attributes
The role requires the person to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
• Strong communication, IT, presentation and documentation skills.
• Meticulous, methodical and result oriented.
• Strong technical and commercial knowledge.
• Strong leadership skills with superior managerial capabilities.
• Good understanding of the Company's products, key markets and ability to understand customers' needs.
• Analytical in their approach to problem solving.
• Ability to work as part of a team and communicate well with all areas of the Company.
• Ability to deal with change and be prepared to help other areas of the business as and when needed.
Knowledge & Experience
• Previous experience integrated Control Systems, building management or safety & security products.
• Previous experience of product lifecycle management.
• Experience of working in a cross functional team.
• Good understanding commissioning rules and processes.
Education and Qualifications
• Engineering degree educated
• Degree in MBA is advantageous