|Job Ref:||CAL00BY||Employer:||WorleyParsons Ltd||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||California||City:||California||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 04:00|
Location: Near a Major Airport, ideally in California or SE |
We engineer for lasting impact.
At WorleyParsons we are creating value all around the world, and our professionals are driving it all with expertise and confidence. When you take your place on our team, you'll discover nearly endless opportunities to develop your career and you'll have the support and encouragement to be at your best.
Visit NA to explore our success, expertise and global reach.
1. Develop & implement the Distributed Energy Resource (DER), Micro Grid (MG) & Energy Storage (ES) National Strategic Initiative
- Create, build and lead a high performing, agile consultancy team capable of serving clients including conceptualization, feasibility, strategic development and management of distributed energy resource programs.
- Establish the program requirements for all areas of the DER Strategic Initiative, and monitor the draft and final deliverables for adherence to these criteria.
- Engage with key stakeholders across the value chain (investors, developers, utilities, clients, regulators, etc.) to provide a differentiated value proposition to our clients.
- Evaluate and partner as required with stakeholders across the value chain.
2. Identify and secure opportunities in the sector
- Working with the Sales team, be accountable for the execution of the go-to-market plan strategically selecting targeted clients
- Professionally engage, pre-position, follow-up, and secure contracts from targeted clients
- Educate, as needed, the existing dedicated sales teams to help them identify and secure applicable opportunities
- Stay abreast of state and national industry trends, policy changes, cutting-edge disruptive energy technology developments, and shifting client challenges to quantify market potential, cultivate new development opportunities, strategically pursue, win and deliver high caliber project outcomes.
- Collaboratively engage all applicable internal and external stakeholders in the development of capabilities and the pursuit & execution of awarded projects
- Stay abreast of Advisian's portfolio of service offerings to maximize value proposition to client
3. Lead the delivery of DER, MG & ES projects
- Demonstrates awareness of health, safety & environment issues; takes action to ensure zero harm to all employees, customers, contractors and the environment.
- Mobilizes and coordinates company resources from various national offices, partners, or subsidiaries, to create project teams capable of completing effective, quality work. Works with individual lead discipline engineer to develop budgets, schedules and plans for the various elements of a project. Ensures that the project meets or exceeds goals established in these plans.
- Monitors and reports to management on the progress of all project activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions which would affect project cost or schedule.
- Oversees establishment of Work Plan, Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan and other documents as needed for project set-up and delivery. May participate in negotiations with regulatory agencies and in public meetings in support of customers.
- Ensure established proposal budgets are met
- Accountable to ensure as-sold project commercials (Gross margin and EBIT) are achieved, and Change Order's administered, where applicable
- Effectively communicate with management, executive management, customers, and outside vendors.
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience
- Entrepreneurial attitude with a strong desire to lead and grow a distributed energy advisory business.
- Strong business development, relationship building, and sales closing skills.
- The ability to effectively communicate and present complex program proposals and reports to executive level management and customers is critical. Inclusive management style with a cooperative team approach.
- Passionate about the renewable energy future and a desire to help our clients, communities, & stakeholders achieve their goals.
- Direct and relevant experience in the renewable and distributed energy sector with a strong understanding of the power industry.
- Sufficient knowledge and understanding of what it takes to effectively develop DER projects to manage subject matter experts, including RPS portfolio assessments, strategic siting, support for host site agreement negotiations, permitting, electrical interconnection, construction and commissioning.
- Strong understanding of, and minimum of ten years combined experience in the following; energy storage, micro grids, smart grids, distributed energy generation, demand response, transmission modeling and interconnections, power system analysis, energy efficiency modeling, integration of variable energy generation technologies such as solar & wind, electric vehicles.
- Depth of relationships with key stakeholders in the DER sector including investors, developers, utilities, regulators and vendors.
- Strong business acumen and commercial astuteness with an in-depth understanding of the commercial challenges/opportunities facing the power industry.
- Prior experience managing multiple, complex projects or programs. Ability to creatively visualize and design new concepts and ideas related to technical/functional projects.
- Team player who cross-collaborates with peer groups to create opportunities and value to Advisian and our clients.
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- A business and engineering / technical education combination is preferred. Ex. (MBA and a Degree in electrical engineering, or similar)
When you join WorleyParsons you'll join an equal opportunity employer that believes in the inherent benefits of a diverse workplace, that promotes inclusion and flexibility. We encourage applications from a very diverse population of people that reflects the range of countries, cultures and contexts spanned by our operations. We also work flexibly at WorleyParsons and are open to a range of proposals about what arrangements would best suit our people's needs.
W orleyParsons is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Our Culture and the Way We Work
Our distinctive culture is what sets us apart as an organization by defining who we are and what we believe. Our values of Leadership, Performance, Relationships and Agility and our "Way We Work" behaviors sit at the heart of this culture. Learn about Our Culture and Way We Work behaviours and imagine the impact you will make.
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with WorleyParsons.