|Job Ref:||204426605||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||North East||Address:||Salary:||£27500 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 04:01|
Quantity Surveyor/Employers Agent|
As a Quantity Surveyor/Employers Agent you will joining an experienced team who are delivering exciting projects across the North East of England.
You will be working across multiple projects including Higher Education, Housing, Healthcare, Commercial and Leisure. All varying in value giving you a variety of experience.
You will be managing costs from the initial feasibility cost options through to the final accounts. You will be managing the costs of a project and enhancing value for money for the client where possible, whilst maintaining the required standards and quality.
You will be preparing tender and contract documents with the client:
- Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies
- Performing risk and value management and cost control
- Advising on procurement strategy
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports
- Chairing meetings, taking and issuing minutes and ensuring that action points are dealt with
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations
In addition on some projects your role will be combined with that of an Employers Agent, managing the briefing and scope definition process, managing clients and third party liaison, appointing design consultants on a basis that facilitates the effective transfer of responsibility and implementing change control.
The client is looking for someone from a PQS background, either recently chartered or working towards becoming chartered. This client can offer the incumbent an exciting career path, with projects across multiple sectors, the opportunity to work with BIM on their projects, management responsibility, a competitive salary, bonuses, progression and relocation prospects.
The offices have a vibrant, team focused atmosphere. They are a fairly young team from the senior management through to the graduates who work well together, sharing information and embracing best practice