|Job Ref:||2016-12542_SALT LAKE CITY||Employer:||Golder Associates||Country:||United States||County/State:||Utah||City:||SALT LAKE CITY||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 05:00|
Senior Project Civil/Geotechnical Engineer|
*Location:* US-UT-SALT LAKE CITY
*Job ID:* 2016-12542
*Area of Interest:* EN - Geotechnical Engineering, Soil and Rock Mechanics
*Job Type:* Full Time
*# of Positions:* 1
*Education (Minimum):* Bachelors Degree
*Posted Date:* 10/11/2016
*Experience (Years):* 5
As a global, employee-owned organization with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From more than 160 offices worldwide, our over 6500 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
The Salt Lake City, Utah office is seeking a Civil/Geotechnical Engineer to support our US Mine Waste team. Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Design leadership for complex civil and geotechnical engineering design projects within the mining, transportation, and infrastructure industries.
* Hands-on design work including civil and geotechnical analyses, design drawings and report preparation.
* Writing design reports, specifications, record of construction reports.
* Perform short to medium term field assignments including geotechnical field investigations and CQA work as required.
* Support development of a strong client base by leading proposals for new work and successful completion of project work.
* A minimum of a Master's degree in Civil, Geological, or closely related engineering discipline.
* 5 years minimum of relevant work experience.
* Licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) or currently following career path for licensure.
* Strong proficiency in AutoCAD, Civil3D software and ability to lead the development of design drawings.
* Proficiency in word processing, analytical spreadsheet preparation, and ability to learn a variety of engineering software.
* Ability to work in multi-disciplinary technical teams on complex engineering design projects.
* A strong focus on workplace safety and demonstrated safety leadership.
* Strong writing and analytical skills.
* Ability to travel within the United States and internationally for short and medium term assignments.
Golder Associates Statement:
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.