|Job Ref:||2016-12539_Portland||Employer:||Golder Associates||Country:||United States||County/State:||Oregon||City:||Portland||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 05:00|
Rock Mechanics Engineer (Intermediate)|
*Job ID:* 2016-12539
*Area of Interest:* EN - Geotechnical Engineering, Soil and Rock Mechanics
*Job Type:* Full Time
*# of Positions:* 1
*Education (Minimum):* Bachelors Degree
*Posted Date:* 10/11/2016
*Experience (Years):* 5
*SLP:* J2WGEOTECH, J2WMINE
As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earthâ€™s development while preserving earthâ€™s integrity. From more than 180 offices worldwide, our over 6500 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Golder Associates is seeking an intermediate level Rock Mechanics Engineer for our Portland, Oregon office to support our growing Mining Sector. As a key member of the Mine Rock Team, the successful candidate will be expected to:
* Provide consultation on mining projects for North American and international clients;
* Prepare technical proposals and reports which may include; design, analyses, geotechnical subsurface investigation, earthworks design, stability analysis for surface and underground excavation;
* Be responsible for managing aspects of mining projects that may include field investigations, rock characterization, and design studies.
* Perform analysis as part of design;
* Work within project teams to deliver high quality reports on time and within budget;
* Manage quality control regarding all aspects of geotechnical work, including critical review of results;
* Interact with clients regarding daily work, schedule, inspections and engineering work;
* Provide engineering services and project management according to client-approved scopes of work;
* Liaise with technical specialists from other offices within Golder;
* Provide direction and training of junior engineering staff.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
* Bachelor or Masterâ€™s Degree in Geological, Civil or Mining Engineering;
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in Rock Mechanics, capable of demonstrating a strong and effective background in mine rock engineering in a consulting background, operational experience a strong benefit;
* Willing and able to travel as directed by project requirements, both domestically and internationally;
* Proven capabilities in planning and executing field and analytical studies;
* Proven capabilities in writing geotechnical reports and technical communications;
* PE license, or evidence of qualification for a PE license, is required.
* Proven capabilities working productively in project teams;
* Experience with industry standard analysis and modeling packages (e.g. SLIDE, RS2, FLAC, Map3D, etc.)
* Experience with a mine visualization software package (e.g. Surpac, Vulcan, Datamine, etc.)
* Strong analytical skills are essential;
* Strong interpersonal communication and critical thinking skills are essential;
* Strong business development and client relations skills;
* Strong mentorship and leadership traits.
Our staff benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
* Employee mentoring program
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Golder Associates Statement:
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.