Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-12553||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Alberta||City:||Calgary||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 05:00|
Job ID: 2016-12553
Area of Interest: EN - Toxicology and Risk Assessment
Job Type: Contract
# of Positions: 3
Education (Minimum): Bachelor Degree
Posted Date: 10/13/2016
Experience (Years): 1
We have a requirement for a Junior Aquatic Biologist in our Prairies and North operation (Calgary, or Edmonton locations).
* Participating in field programs (e.g., collection of water, sediment, benthic invertebrates, fish and fish habitat data) for various types of developments including power, mines, oil and gas facilities, and pipelines.
* Summarizing datasets, statistical analysis and preparing written and graphical material for incorporating into reports and presentations.
* Assisting with proposal and report preparation.
* Showing attention to detail - in the field, summarizing data and report writing.
* Data entry, data management and statistical analysis.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
* University degree in Aquatic Biology or Environmental Sciences. Bachelor's degree with 1-2 years of experience or a Master's degree with 0-2 years of experience.
* Understanding of basic sample collection techniques.
* Self-starter, and able to work effectively in a team environment.
* Effective communication skills.
* Attention to detail.
The following skills are desirable:
* Good outdoor and survival skills and experience working in remote areas.
* Strong working knowledge of aquatic ecosystems within western Canada.
* Experience operating boats and motors.
* Knowledge of Alberta environmental regulatory and permitting requirements.
* Experience with data analysis, statistics, reporting writing.
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for!
Established in 1960, Golder is a global, employee-owned organisation driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From over 165 offices worldwide, our more than 6,500 employees help our clients find sustainable solutions to the challenges society faces today including extraction of finite resources, energy and water supply and management, waste management, urbanisation, and climate change. We do this by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services to our clients in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.