|Job Ref:||2016-12543_Sacramento||Employer:||Golder Associates||Country:||United States||County/State:||California||City:||Sacramento||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 05:01|
*Job ID:* 2016-12543
*Area of Interest:* EN - Ecological Services
*Job Type:* Full Time
*# of Positions:* 1
*Education (Minimum):* High School Certificate
*Posted Date:* 10/11/2016
*Experience (Years):* 2
Golder Associates is a respected, employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in earth, environment, and related areas of energy. Our clients span the world's major economic drivers: oil and gas, mining, manufacturing, power, transportation, water resources, and more. Our people deliver deep technical understanding, cross-disciplinary thinking and a passion to help our clients succeed.
The Golder U.S. team (Golder Associates Inc.) is consistently voted a top consulting firm to work for and operates out of more than 40 offices across the country from Anchorage, Alaska to Tampa, Florida. Since the first office opened in 1968, we have built a reputation for providing innovative, quality solutions. From our initial strength in geotechnical engineering, our services expanded to meet the increasing range of client needs, including environmental compliance and remediation.
Golder Associates Inc. is currently seeking a Field Technician to work out of our Sunnyvale or Roseville, CA offices. This Individual will perform tasks related to environmental monitoring of solid waste facilities and industrial sites throughout northern California. Primary tasks will be water sampling and landfill gas system monitoring. Complete documentation of all field activities and proper data handling in accordance with project procedures is expected. As experience with landfill gas systems is gained, operations and maintenance of gas systems will become part of the job responsibilities. Other environmental field related activities will be required for a variety of northern California facilities. Additional responsibilities include safe operation and maintenance of monitoring instruments, field equipment, and vehicles related to the job.
A minimum of 2 yearsâ€™ experience in gas and water sampling or closely related field where environmental samples are collected
* Minimum of a high school diploma (AA or BA preferred)
* Must be available at times for emergency call-outs relating to system outages
* Must be available for travel as needed, with limited overnight stays required
* Must have good interpersonal skills, present a professional appearance, and be able to work independently
* Candidate must be willing to operate and maintain field testing and monitoring equipment and be able to lift up to 50 pounds
* Must be able to work legally in the United States and have a valid driverâ€™s license
* Prospective employees are subject to a pre-employment physical, drug screening, criminal background check, and DMV background check
* Solid waste landfill experience
* Experience with monitoring instruments, pump repairs and generators is highly desirable
* OSHA Hazwoper training a plus
* Having a BA in a science related field is also an advantage
* Familiarity with landfill gas flares, engines, or gas turbines a plus
* Experience with electronic combustion control systems a plus
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
Golder Associates Statement:
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.