|Job Ref:||WHI00090||Employer:||GHD Pty Ltd||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Ontario||City:||Whitby||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 05:01|
GHD is one of the world's leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. |
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 8500 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate
GHD provides virtually all the services that those from the private and public sector require to advance a land development or redevelopment project from an initial vision to reality. The majority of this work is channeled through our Land Development offices in Mississauga, Markham and Whitby. Within the Land Development Group, GHD has expertise in the upfront studies, planning, design and contract administration of residential and employment area plan of subdivisions, and of site plans.
Our Whitby office is looking for a Project Engineer to join the Land Development Team.
The successful candidate will:
• Produce conceptual design, detailed design, related drawings and technical specifications for new road and road reconstruction projects, including related infrastructure.
• Prepare municipal engineering designs, including sewer design and hydraulics, hydraulic grade-line analysis, stormwater management, and lot design.
• Produce road design including vertical curves, and detailed grading and drainage designs.
• Maintain contact with sub-consultants, municipalities and utility companies and clients.
• Assist with contract administration as required.
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
• Post-secondary civil engineering education.
• Minimum 5 years'experience in design and management of site plans and subdivisions, with a full understanding of servicing, grading, and stormwater management requirements.
• Professional Engineer designation required.
• Experience in working with Conservation Authorities, applying to MOECC guidelines and obtaining approvals from Municipalities.
• Field experience in the area of municipal engineering construction as a resident engineer or field inspector is considered an asset.
• Practical experience in Contract Administration, including quantity take-off preparation of cost estimates, tender preparation, contracts, and progress estimate preparation.
• Strong computer skills, including AutoCAD and Civil3D
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.