WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA|
We have an urgent opening for a Registered Architect to join our Construction Services Group in Miami, FL.
The Registered Architect will:
• Plan, assign and supervise work of others and produce documentation on schedule and within financial constraints.
• Prepare architectural design, contract documents and technical specifications for various types of facilities construction projects.
• Analyze products and construction methods with respect to acceptability for use by the District
• Supervise and evaluate the work of in-house and contracted registered Architects, and Engineers, Florida Building Code Inspectors and other overseeing District projects and relative to design review, code compliance, quality assurance, construction documents and projects close-out documents.
• Direct and supervise the work of technicians and draftspersons with respect to architectural documents
• Evaluate and advise on acceptability of investigative reports by consulting architect(s) and engineer(s).
• Assist in identifying discrepancies and needs related to the physical plant, and assist in the planning, scheduling execution and monitoring of corrective actions.
• Assist in using electronic databases and spreadsheet software programs in order to create, maintain, review, analyze, and evaluate information for reports to be used by various administrative levels and departments throughout the District.
• Bachelor's degree in Architecture
• A minimum of 7 years of related experience in Architectural/Engineering consulting
• Current registration as an Architect in the State of Florida
• Familiarity with Computer-Aided Design & Drafting (CADD) and Building Information Modeling (BIM)
• Working knowledge of current Federal, State and local laws (including but not limited to the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), and Florida Building Code) that impact the occupancy, design construction and maintenance of facilities
The ability to work in the United States immediately is required.
• 2 years of experience in educational facility design and construction
• LEED Accreditation or equivalent
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F) /Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation