General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!|
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran.
General Dynamics Mission S ystems (GDMS), a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers.
The Senior Electrical Power Engineer is considered a highly valued position within the GDMS Electrical Engineering Center of Excellence (CoE). We are looking for highly self-motivated candidates that perform without appreciable direction. The ideal candidate must demonstrate a strong technical background with proven experience in power conversion technologies and design, plus have excellent task management and organizational skills. The candidate must have strong oral and written communication skills, exhibit the ability to work and excel in a team environment and possess strong people skills with potential for future leadership positions.
The Senior Electrical Power Engineer provides power design support that extends to several locations across the country. The Senior Electrical Power Engineer must have a passion and willingness to expand knowledge in the power conversion domain and be capable of executing assigned projects within program schedule and cost targets.
- Design and development of custom ruggedized electro-magnetic interference (EMI) filters, battery chargers, AC/DC power supply, DC/DC power converters, and DC/AC uninterruptable power inverters for military applications
- All phases of power conversion development including design concept, functional block diagrams, circuit analysis, schematic capture, circuit simulation, bill of materials generation, magnetic design, printed circuit boasrd layout direction, EMI compliance, material costing, automated test procedure generation, hardware debug, design validation testing, and production support
- Perform fundamental functional circuit analysis hardware troubleshooting, root cause and corrective action analysis, design margin analysis, component de-rating and stress analysis, detail trade studies, specification compliance matrix, report writing, and translating customer requirements into hardware specifications
- Responsible and accountable for the electrical technical planning, scheduling, cost analysis, risk analysis and successful execution of small to medium programs or major electrical subsystems of a larger program containing substantial electrical content
- Substantial contribution to power related electrical requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, requirements allocation, functional analysis, performance analysis, trade studies and definition for the design and verification of the power systems for major programs and projects containing substantial, complex electrical content
- Plan and lead electrical engineering root cause analysis for power systems, conducts experimental tests, evaluates results to formulate and implement solutions to issues
- Substantial contribution to the generation and maintenance of electrical work products (i.e. plans, specifications, design documentation, etc) used for internal consumption and/or deliverable to external customers
- Develops and presents electrical power requirements, concepts, designs, decisions and results to internal management, other organizations, team mates and customers
- Apply a strong understanding of the organizationally defined electrical processes throughout the life-cycle of the program or project
- Participation in the improvement of the electrical organizational processes
- Support the generation of technical engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the electrical development life cycle
- Lead the research and analysis of power data, such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Select power components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability
- Lead small technical proposals with significant complex power requirements and contributes to medium sized proposals
- Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments
- Full use and understanding of electrical engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Contribute to the development of new theories and methods
- Excellent understanding of electrical engineering processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to think creatively and multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to track scope growth
- Highly skilled in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
- Ability to recognize and clearly report information relevant to sound electrical engineering power design
- May supervise or manage lower level employees
Candidates must show a passion for innovation, a sophisticated understanding of emerging technologies, and the ability to effectively develop and manage GDMS equipment and processes.
The Entry-Level Buyer position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, a related field, or the equivalent experience is required. Advanced degree preferred. In addition, a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience is required, 12 years is preferred. Travel will be required.
Applicants selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Bachelor•s degree in electrical engineering,