Job Location USA - MN-Bloomington
Required Clearance No clearance
Posted Date 10/11/2016 10:12:00 AM
Responsibilities for this Position:
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS), a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers.
General Dynamics is looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer or first level Manufacturing Technical Manager to lead and oversee a two shift technical support team in our manufacturing operation in Bloomington, MN. The Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor is responsible for developing and driving both long & short-term plans to meet the needs of their (internal) customers - the manufacturing operation as they work to meet end customer requirements. This position will coach, mentor, and develop Engineers, Technicians, Professional and non-exempt staff to ensure business objectives are met and promote a culture of continuous improvement in our manufacturing area. This position will report to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager at our HMC operation in Bloomington, MN.
Desired Personal Characteristics
- A strong engineering leader who takes responsibility, is respectful, and acts with integrity
- A team player who will ensure their direct reports and organization collaborate effectively with other functional groups
- A self-directed and driven individual with the ability to positively communicate across the organization with a team building mentality
- Has the ability to see/understand the "big picture" while working with details, and removing barriers to achieve desired results
- Continuous improvement mindset with persistent curiosity for new technologies, processes, and their potential
- Mindset for developing talent, who creates and values long term relationships with co-workers, customers, and vendors
- High energy with a positive outlook, focus, and an ability to follow through on assignments without follow-up by superior
- Good presentation skills and the ability to communicate technical concepts
Desired Skills and Experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for Manufacturing Engineering Organization that creates, documents, qualifies, monitors, improves, trains, dispositions, and generally supports the processes used to build, assemble, and test electronic and electro mechanical assemblies at GD Bloomington,, MN
- Responsible for staffing the team responsible and accountable for process Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost resulting from those processes
- Technical Leader of Manufacturing Engineering Team and the processes created, qualified, and delivered to the Production functions.
- Accountable for ownership of process quality, escaping defects, equipment, maintenance, tooling, and documentation
- Responsible for effectively staffing, evaluating staff, developing staff, and motivating staff to ensure the Manufacturing Engineering organization has the technical competence, bandwidth, skills, and work ethic to meet organizational objectives
- Has input into the annual budget, monitors capital expenditures, and pursues and recommends investment to maximize returns
- Lead and direct continuous process improvement activities and drives process improvement effectiveness
- Analyzes and appraises (regularly and systematically) the effectiveness of the operations to ensure that established objectives are met, corporate policies observed, and prompt corrective action taken when necessary.
- Ensures technical proficiency appropriate to meet customer and market requirements with a focus on safety, quality, delivery & cost
- Focus on improving plant metrics through effective use of lean six sigma tools and team based management.
- Sets personal objectives, provides fair and constructive feedback, assesses accurately employee performance, training needs, areas for improvement and possibility of future growth within the organization, and ensures training & development needs are addressed.
- Develops a positive team dynamics to ensure high performance.
- Ability to engage and motivate a team.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering
- 6 years minimum experiance in manufacturing technical role
- 10 years plus experience in Manufacturing Technical preferable
- Strong references
- Exceptional MS Office Skills (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Experience with root cause and corrective action solving skills
- Solid computer software skills with ability to adapt to new software easily - (i.e. ERP, etc.)
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills
- Documented successes that met project deadlines and performance goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran.