WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We provide services to transform the built environment and restore the natural environment, and our expertise ranges from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, and from developing the energy sources of the future to enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. We have approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, and various environmental experts. We are based in more than 500 offices across 39 countries worldwide. NA
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff's Aviation Technical Excellence Center (TEC) has an opening for a Technical Director, Aviation PM/CM for our Chicago office. The Technical Director Aviation PM/CM will be responsible for the development of business and the successful execution of work for current and potential aviation work throughout U.S. with emphasis in the Chicago area and Upper Midwest geography (North Dakota, Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Ohio).
The Technical Director Aviation PM / CM will be responsible for the overall long-term growth of aviation for WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff as well as the production of all aspects of the work related to multiple projects in the Aviation market. The focus of the Technical Director Aviation PM / CM will be aviation opportunities in all disciplines (planning, design, and strategic consulting and program/construction management). The Technical Director Aviation PM/CM will also be responsible for the profitable performance of the individual projects and the successful completion of the projects within the specified area. The Technical Director Aviation PM/CM will work closely with the Practice Leaders, Area Managers, Geography Business Development Leaders, the Aviation Leadership Team, and the Regional Managers within the market place.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Technical Director Aviation PM/CM will be responsible for the business development and execution of all aspects of the work related to multiple projects in the Aviation sector. Major responsibilities for the Technical Director Aviation PM/CM will include
• Leads client relationship efforts for Chicago airports to a "trusted advisor" relationship for the client
• Works with Aviation Core Management, Regional Manager, Area Manager, and Central Geography Business Development Leader(s) to identify and capitalize upon opportunities within the Chicago and Upper Midwest Aviation Marketplace
• Assists with the preparation of an annual update to Aviation's tactical action plans for the Chicago and Upper Midwest area
• Cross-markets other WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff capabilities
• Serves as Pursuit Manager for major strategic opportunities throughout U.S.
• Collaborates with Aviation Director to determine long-range plans and objectives
• Serves as the aviation representative at city, state and industry functions
• Responsible for aviation pipeline opportunities for the region
• Responsible for entire group of projects
• Development of project scopes, budgets and schedules
• Leading technical aspects of contract negotiation, presentations and meetings
• Successful delivery of projects within the defined schedule and budget
• Preparing and leading presentations to client and team
• Maintenance of clear lines of communication and contractual relationship between Project Manager and design team
• Management of design team members
• Development and maintenance of all project related processes and procedures
• Establishment of project costs, review of budgets, management and approval of project cost reports
• Generation and/or review of project change orders, cash flows, forecasts and estimates
• Management of and approval the development, update and issuance of the project schedule
• Scheduling and supervision of internal and external coordination meetings with contractors, engineers, and others as may be necessary
• Represent respective projects at meetings and conferences.
• Make recommendations on project staffing, evaluates subordinate staff
• Lead in the formulation of advance technical concepts in proposal development, preliminary project/program phases, and presentations to client.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, or related field from an accredited curriculum
• At least fifteen years of related project management experience including large project experience
• Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Illinois is preferred.
• Strong understanding of airside, landside, and terminal planning and design and experience in managing projects from planning through completion on large hub U.S. commercial airports is required
• Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government, and public contracts on project-related matters
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; and the ability to clearly and effectively present complex information to all levels of employees, management, and clients
• Ability to thoughtfully and positively influence, lead, and manage change
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent knowledge of budget and earned value
• Strong understanding of scope, schedule and budget
• Valid driver's license required. In addition, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy
Active member of and leadership roles in committees and executive boards in the following organizations are preferred:
• Conference of Minority Transportation Officials (COMTO),
• Construction Management Association of America (CMAA, American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC)
• American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE)
• Airports Council International - North America (ACI-NA)
• Airport Consultants Council (ACC)
• American Society of Civil Engineers
• International Partnering Institute
Travel and Other Requirements
• Travel within the US may be required.
• Ability to work within the United States is immediately required
EOE / Veteran / Disability / Gender (M-F) / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation