Profile Reporting directly to the Operations Manager with a matrix reporting line to the Head of Supply Chain SPG, responsible for managing all tactical sourcing and procurement expenditure, S&OP and logistics/warehousing at the Kings Norton location, ensuring requirements are met on time and in accordance with the appropriate quality standards, through a highly capable and cost effective supply base.|
The role entails operating at a senior level with a high degree of autonomy, whilst managing, mentoring and developing an effective procurement team, delivering cost effective solutions and cost reductions on a yearly basis.
There is a strong likelihood that this role will be made permanent after the initial 6 months if desired.
In addition to the above the Supply Chain Manager is responsible for:
- Contributing to or exceeding site profit plan goals related to: cost savings, economics, quality, supplier rationalization, low cost sourcing and other agreed objectives.
- Lead chosen material resourcing activities in coordination with the Head of Supply Chain and engineering to drive a competitive advantage for the business.
- Implement and influence supply chain strategies for the site and process improvement
- Lead, motivate, support and develop supply chain staff members
- Support of proper Make or Buy decisions, prepare data and slides for relevant strategic gate reviews.
- Support efforts concerning supply base rationalization and supplier development.
- Ensuring the cost, quality and time-oriented supply of the required goods and materials in line with the respective business plans, budgets, targets, and strategies.
- Deliver ethical and compliant supply chain contract management practices ensuring the incorporation into New Product Introduction Methodologies
- Manage effective warehousing and logistics channels around the site to the best "Total Value" proposition ensuring all KPIs are measured and improved upon
- Deploy lean warehouse and inventory management principles to drive turns and cash improvements
- Gain functional efficiencies through business system rationalisation and improvements delivering a best in class solution
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Contributing and implementing short, medium and long-term material strategies that are aligned with site and divisional objectives and benefit the business by developing supplier relationships, leveraging optimum prices and reducing cost and risk within the supply chain.
- Contract management and implementation on key strategic direct and indirect suppliers and sub-contractors
- Managing the supplier selection process and ensuring that contracts are in place with all key suppliers within the direct material commodity.
- Managing the supplier performance - namely delivery performance, unit cost, non-recurring costs, financial claims, financial health, and quality performance - and the improvement of such to meet agreed business objectives and value creation targets.
- Holding regular senior business review meetings with key suppliers.
- Analysing suppliers cost competitiveness and work with suppliers to reduce cost through product and process improvement.
- Employing risk management to identify and assessing the risk of a supply failure. Develop contingency plans or take pro-active action to minimise or eliminate risk.
- Supporting any direct material procurement tasks within the Bid and NPI process
- Working with the other regional procurement/commodity team leads to ensure that ideas are cascaded to all areas and that all regions are following the same strategic direction.
- Influence and implement the procurement strategy for all relevant commodity purchases across Special Products Group to ensure commonality of approach and maximising leverage potential.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business, or related technical field. Master's degree preferred. CIPS Membership
- Minimum of 5 years purchasing experience with 3-5 years in Aerospace industry preferred.
- Ability to cooperate with people of different levels inside/outside the company and to interact with team to reach team goals and business objectives.
- Ability to empower others to achieve results through motivation, recognition and performance feedback.
- Ability to express information in a manner appropriate to different levels of people & to lead and close out negotiations.
- Ability to recognize, respond to customer expectations with sense of urgency
- Ability to take full responsibility for decisions & results even when all elements are not under individual direct control.
- Ability to set goals consistent with company objectives and to adapt plans to changing environment.
- Experience in implementing industry leading best practices.
- Proven ability in strategy deployment
- Excellent leadership skills
- Proven ability to motivate and co-ordinate in a multi-functional environment
- Proven project management techniques
- Excellent communication skills - including first class reporting techniques
- Substantive commercial, negotiation and financial skills
If this position is of interest, please contact Matthew Crook NA/
- Business Consciousness
- Business Ethics
- Influence and Persuasiveness
- Managing Risk
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal sensitivity