|Job Ref:||119800SMK||Employer:||Morson International||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Fife||Address:||Post Code:||KY10||Post Date:||14/10/2016 20:17|
The role is primarily based in Rosyth however there will be a requirement for some travel to Portsmouth for familiarisation with INE equipment. Purpose of role:|
1. Perform Setting to Work activities for Networks (INE) equipment in Rosyth.
2. Perform on Ship release and confidence testing of INE System and subsystems.
3. Provide support to Portsmouth based team for rectification of defects and implementation of new releases.
NA Setting to Work activities for Networks (INE) equipment in Rosyth. Interrogation on an item by item basis to ensure correct operation and configuration of each item according to instructions provided by the INE team.
2. Perform on Ship release and confidence testing of INE System and subsystems. Perform, record and report on subsystem and system wide tests to provide ongoing confidence testing and release to other network users.
3. Provide support to Portsmouth based team for rectification of defects and implementation of new releases. Provide detailed fault information and platform support to enable Portsmouth based team to identify and rectify faults.
4. Support the test/release phase of Mission Systems INE based on the implementation baseline, which encompasses fault resolutions under pressure for delivery of an INE release to be used on platform.
5. Support the maturity of functional, performance and safety testing that will be required to release the networks for use to other suppliers.
6. Apply good Configuration Management processes to daily work through Observation Reporting tools and implementation of any changes and patches to pre-configured systems.
1. Experienced in all aspects of networking, L1 to L3 skills essential.
2. IT Infrastructure / networking technical background essential.
3. Integration support background essential.
4. LAN, WAN, MPLS, QoS, BGP, OSPF, RIP, IPSEC, GRE, L2TP, MSTP, HSRP, Virtual Switching are must.
5. Must have a sound understanding in Data centre type technologies, Windows Server, Active Directory/DNS and VmWare.
To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK and either possess or be able to obtain UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level.