Job Title: CNC Turner (Set, Programme & Operate) |
Job Type: Full time & permanent
Salary: £25k - £32k DOE
My leading precision engineering client based in Swindon are currently looking to recruit a CNC Turner who is able to set, programme and operate. This is a full time, permanent role working 39 hours per week Monday a Friday.
Within this role, you will produce precision components to drawing tolerance and specifications, as required by the customer.
You will be a fully skilled, time served engineer with CNC turning experience with previous experience in a precision engineering environment. You will be able to set and operate and ideally programme using CAD/CAM. You will be able to work to tight tolerances, be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and use a wide variety of measuring equipment. Fanuc and G&M code experience is also desirable, but not essential.
- Competently set & operate CNC turning machines using operating systems for each machine
- Produce accurate and high quality components as per the customers' specification
- Plan the production method & create programmes when advised by supervisor to customers specification using available facilities
- Ensure all programmes are saved at all times as per company procedures
- Undertake any off set or minor changes to programme to produce quality components to drawing limits/ customer requirements
- Plan & specify tooling requirements for production, including any jigs & fixtures or special cutting tools
- Ensure machine processes are running at optimum efficiency with correct speeds and feeds
- Work to tight tolerances and check your own work during production batch runs
- Carry out inspection, including first-off inspection of others work using CMM equipment