Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||786835||Employer:||BHP Billiton||Industry:||Mining||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Australia||County/State:||Victoria||City:||Victoria||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:04|
BHP Billiton is a leading global resources company. Our purpose is to create long-term shareholder value through the discovery, acquisition, development and marketing of natural resources. Across our global operations, we are committed to working in ways that are true to Our BHP Billiton Charter values of Sustainability, Integrity, Respect, Performance, Simplicity and Accountability.
We support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. We offer a diverse and challenging environment with great learning and career opportunities for people who share our values.
We are looking for a Category Management Specialist to join the Global Professional Services team. The team is accountable for the sub-categories of consulting, accounting, tax, assurance, financial services and legal services. We are looking for candidates with strong commercial acumen, a consulting mind-set, a willingness to challenge and the ability to present innovative ideas.
Reporting to the Category Manager, you will be expected to:
- Apply specialist sourcing, commercial and supply market knowledge and skills to deliver excellence in category management
- Support the development of innovative, value-driven, multi-year category
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders and challenge appropriately to deliver supply solutions that balance stakeholder needs, commercial value and risk
- Develop strong stakeholder relationships to understand business requirements and translate those requirements into innovative, value-adding sourcing strategies aligned to the category strategy
Your duties will include:
- Collecting requirements and analysing key data inputs from multiple sources (internal and external) to build robust Supply Sourcing Plans aligned with the category strategy
- Collaborating with stakeholders to develop and validate sourcing strategies for sourcing engagements
- Developing and leading sourcing projects in line with sourcing strategies
- Conducts and leads negotiations
- Performing supplier selection, qualification and on-boarding in line with local requirements and regulations
- Creating, managing and monitoring contracts
- Performing contract lifecycle activities
- Working with the business to track and manage performance of suppliers against contract and business requirements
- Identifying and implementing improvement initiatives and actively contributing to the continuous improvement of the performance of the team and Supply
- Contributing to the development of a positive, dynamic and cohesive team culture
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience preferably in category management, strategic sourcing, consulting, finance or legal
- Proven ability to influence
- Competency (commercial, technical) in end-to-end category management
- Negotiation experience
- Risk management skills
- Bi-lingual preferred
You will be based in Melbourne, Victoria, in the multi award winning office.
BHP Billiton values and respects employees, offering an inclusive and diverse environment where you will experience:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Dedicated leadership and female mentoring programs
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- State-of-the-art facilities with WiFi enabled indoor and outdoor spaces
- Collaboration and versatility
- Parent and prayer rooms
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Reference Number - 786835
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We aim to ensure our team represents the communities we operate in; embracing the richness of Australia's diverse population and we encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.