|Job Ref:||786837||Employer:||BHP Billiton||Industry:||Mining||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Australia||County/State:||Western Australia||City:||Western Australia||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:04|
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world's leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company's operations currently involve an integrated system of seven inland mines, more than 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
Reporting to the Water Services Supervisor, within the Site Services team your duties will include:
- Working from schematic drawings, prints, plans or manuals and recording any modifications;
- Repairs and servicing on fixed plant equipment;
- Carrying out all activities within the whole-of-job scope, including pre-work;
- Attend to faults in the plant as they arise;
- Take responsibility for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of plant; including but not limited to: Shiploader Operation; Reclaimer Operation and PMO2's
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Plumbing Trade Certificate and competent in all areas of plumbing;
- HIAB, EWP, Forklift, Dogging and Rigging Certificates is desirable;
- Good analytical skills for a high level of problem solving and sharing of solutions within the department;
- Ability to work within a team to achieve outcomes;
- Basic computer literacy;
- Experience with an automated plant control system;
- Minimum of C class manual drivers licence
In this residential role you will be based in the coastal town of Port Hedland, Western Australia. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The 20,000-strong population enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities.
The excellent sporting and leisure facilities include; a new aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Its beaches and mangroves are home to an abundance of fish and other wildlife. Within driving distance are the spectacular Broome, Karratha and Karijini national Park. As this is a residential position you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies. As well as
- Flexible work arrangements
- Dedicated leadership and female mentoring programs
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Collaboration and versatility
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: flexible working arrangements, incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, 18 weeks paid maternity leave, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Reference Number - 786837
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia.
- BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.