|Job Ref:||786836||Employer:||BHP Billiton||Industry:||Mining||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Australia||County/State:||Western Australia||City:||Western Australia||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:04|
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world's leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company's operations currently involve an integrated system of seven inland mines, more than 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, within the Site Services team your duties will include:
- Performing all duties expected of a maintenance Electrician, including attending Call outs and Breakdown work;
- Working from schematic drawings, prints, plans or manuals, and recording any modifications;
- Repairs and servicing on Fixed Plant Equipment;
- Carrying out all activities within the whole - of - job scope, including prework, JHA, organising materials, execution, testing and completion of tasks;
- Scoping and executing shut activities in order to reach our OSE targets;
- Ensuring that we meet out statutory obligations in accordance to MSIA.
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Current WA 'A' Grade Licence;
- Open Cabling endorsement is desirable
- Trade Certificate in Refrigeration is desirable;
- HIAB, EWP, Forklift, Dogging and Rigging Certificates;
- A through working knowledge of systems and procedures within the HSEC, Supply, SAP and Quality Assurance arenas;
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in mining, construction or heavy industry;
- Minimum of C class manual drivers licence
In this residential role you will be based in the coastal town of Port Hedland, Western Australia. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The 20,000-strong population enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities.
The excellent sporting and leisure facilities include; a new aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Its beaches and mangroves are home to an abundance of fish and other wildlife. Within driving distance are the spectacular Broome, Karratha and Karijini national Park. As this is a residential position you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies. As well as
- Flexible work arrangements
- Dedicated leadership and female mentoring programs
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Collaboration and versatility
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: flexible working arrangements, incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, 18 weeks paid maternity leave, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Reference Number - 786836
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia.
- BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.