BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world's leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company's operations currently involve an integrated system of seven inland mines, more than 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
Reporting to the Superintendent Shutdown Execution, within the Shutdown Maintenance team your duties will include:
- Coordination and execution the Port Maintenance Isolations plan biased heavily in the shutdown environment with close interface to Planning and Coordination functions
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- As a Section 44 Appointed Person, you are required to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Mine Safety and Inspection Act and Mines Safety Inspection Regulations in accordance with your appointment
- Operating within an established maintenance management system, your key focus will be to promote a high level of team interaction and coordination
- Assist with execution of in field isolations inclusive of permitting, HV switching, lock box installation and coordination of isolations plan
- Coordinate technical improvement project works and embed the associated improvements
- Execute improvements and small project works to improve shutdown effectiveness
- Monitor and assess work performance of isolations plan and improvement projects to drive improved execution effectiveness across production and isolations with respect to machine ramp down and up
- Maintaining a high profile in the promotion of safe working conditions and practices to ensure a safe working environment for all employees and contractors.
- Monitoring the operating costs and ensure that spend is controlled to the allocated budget.
- Identification of critical equipment issues and development of contingency plans
- Liaising with planners and supervisors with the development of Shutdown schedules
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Experience in the development and coordination of isolations systems
- Strong history and practical hands on skills in maintenance associated with bulk materials handling equipment
- Sound Technical communication and problem solving skills
- Strong engineering and technical skills
- Intimate knowledge of Isolations Processes and Procedures
- A current C Class Australian driver's license
- All required site statutory competencies as referenced in the site health and safety management system and/or BHPBIO policy
- A proven track record of safety management
- Ability to produce high level risk assessments and improvement plans
- Working knowledge of Mine Safety & Inspection Act & Regulations
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated track record of continuous improvement
- Proficiency in 1SAP Work Management processes
- Experience in commissioning automated bulk materials handling plant and equipment advantageous
- Previous exposure to the mining and minerals processing industries in a similar role is preferable.
- Proven ability to influence and mentor others in HSEC principles and behaviours
- Ability to function effectively when workloads are high
You will be based at Port Hedland on a fly-in fly-out 8 days on, 6 days off, 7 nights on, 7 off roster. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO villages include; a fully equipped gym, TV lounge and games rooms. Additionally you will have access to the state of the art aquatic and sporting facilities in the town of Port Hedland. All rooms at the villages have their own en-suite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: flexible work arrangements, incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, 18 weeks paid maternity leave, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Reference No: 40347902
We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately
This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply