|Job Ref:||EMP372502||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Scotstoun||Address:||Salary:||£41/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:31|
We have two new requirements for Safety Engineers to join BAE Systems at the Scotstoun |
Purpose of role
- To undertake a range of Product Safety activities in line with all relevant project and corporate processes and any specific customer requirements
- To undertake review, qualification and approval activities relative to deliverable and delivered items
- Facilitate the implementation of relevant Product Safety processes
Key Technical Skills
- Able to demonstrate a track record of delivering safety in large or complex projects
- Knowledgeable with respect to Product Safety Legislation and Regulation
- Familiar with Product Environmental Legislation and Regulation
- Experienced in safety risk management, this will include hazard identification, analysis, risk assessment and risk mitigation
- Competent with applying formal hazard/ safety assessment techniques and methods such as:-
o HAZID (Hazard Identification),
o HAZOPS (Hazard and Operability studies,
o FHA (Functional Hazard Analysis),
o SWIFT (Structured What-If Technique),
o FTA/ETA (Fault/Event Tree Analysis,
o FMEA (Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) etc.
- Able to write safety case reports (not essential)
Key Leadership/People Management Skills
- Good people management skills and experience in a multidisciplined engineering environment
- Confident with assisting engineers develop strategies for hazard removal and risk reduction
- Able to provide clear instruction on implementing Product Safety requirements.
- Able to motivate employees to prioritise safety requirements.
- Able to guide project personnel with implementing Product Safety processes.
- Promotes coherent engineering
- Promotes continuous improvement
- Able to influence the design and wider project team.
Major Tasks and Activities
- Provide support to the TA teams with the management of the hazards, risks and associated mitigations and contribute to the development of the hazard log and the maturity of information contained within.
- Organise and facilitate HAZIDs and review meetings and contribute to other HAZIDs when required.
- Support the development and maintenance of the inputs to the Safety Case Report (Systems Design Safety Assessments (SDSAs) and Key Hazard Certification reports).
- Review contractor supplied deliverables to ensure acceptability of delivered material.
- Work with the TA teams in collating adequate PS related evidence to support the safety case and acceptance via the Requirements and Acceptance Team.
Product Safety and Product Environmental
- The role holder shall be responsible for making him/herself aware of the product safety and environmental implications of their role and ensure that they operate in full compliance with the Project’s Product Safety and Product Environmental Management Plans.
- The role holder shall immediately raise any concerns regarding the safety of a product, or the application of safety and environmental processes with their line manager or the Engineering Authority (Director).
- Knowledge of platform safety management processes and techniques
- A wide knowledge of Product / Ship Safety management practices.
- Good working experiences in more than one phase of the Life Cycle Management (LCM) framework, with sufficient experience of the total LCM to enable a good understanding of adjacent phases and through life engineering issues.
- Typically five years’ experience in delivering Product Safety in naval projects for the MoD or a defence or related industry
- Thorough knowledge of customer (Ship/ System Safety) standards such as:-
o Def. Stan 00-56;
- Familiar with BAE Systems Product Safety policies and procedures, (e.g.
Product Safety Management Framework)
- Appropriate engineering qualification and experience
- MOD Ship Safety Management Office (SSMO) Certificate.
- NEBOSH National Examination Board Occupational Safety and Health (not essential)
Key Outputs/ Deliverables
- Meeting records
- Hazard Log updates
- Feedback to Technical Authorities on ITT Contract Packs
- Feedback to Supply Chain on Contractor deliverables.
- LCM Evidential documentation.
- Input to Legal and other databases and registers