|Job Ref:||EMP373515||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Barrow-in-Furness||Address:||Post Code:||LA13||Salary:||£56/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:31|
Principal Engineer – Operability – Barrow-in-Furness. – 12 Months - £56.45 p/hr. LTD|
Previous management experience within a submarine engineering environment.(Cat A, SCOOW).
Purpose of Role:
• As a Principal Engineer - Operability (PEO) you will report directly to the Operability Manager (OM), and indirectly to the Naval Architect Assistant Chief Engineer (ACE).
• You will represent the Operability Team at design reviews and support the design and build teams using your experience as a submarine engineer providing subject matter expertise.
• The PEO will also have a responsibility for review and assessment of Operating Documentation (EOPs, SOPs and ABs) and their integration into the Ship Safety Case.
• You will assist the Operability Manager to help ensure that the Successor design accommodates features that will safely, effectively and efficiently deliver a Successor Class Submarine operable by a specified number of SQEP crew in accordance with authorised operating documentation. In support of this objective you will:
1. Ensure all Operability Assessment deliverables are produced on time and provide specialist Operability support for associated safety activities (Hazard Identifications, HAZOPs, and ALARP Optioneering etc.). Ensuring that tasks are completed to time.
2. Provide subject matter expertise to the Product Safety team in support of the Ship Safety Case.
3. Provide specialist support related to your primary role as requested by the OPDOC Production Authority in support of OPDOC derivation and verification.
4. Ensure attendance at or be suitably represented at all related System and Spatial reviews to ensure the design meets the functional objectives and requirements relating to your primary role.
5. Harness the Operability Group resources to undertake the activities that will supply the Operability acceptance evidence deliverables (design reviews, system operability assessments, operability reports).
6. Attend or be suitably represented at all related design management meetings and reviews (MATS, MAITS and SITS) as required and requested by the respective team managers.
7. Review design changes with respect to their impact on delivering your primary role objectives, commenting as appropriate.
8. Ensure that effective measures are taken to support timely identification and rapid closure of operability issues emerging from all product stages that relate to your primary role.
9. Competent in complex report writing using a structured presentation of information. Be competent in reviewing other reports and advising the author on improvements.
10. Produce policy documents when required within your area of responsibility.
• Ideally an ex-Submarine Engineer with extensive knowledge and supervisory experience of Submarine Ship systems/Propulsion systems/Power generation and distribution.
• Previous management experience within a submarine engineering environment. (Cat A, SCOOW).
• Knowledge of Product Safety, Submarine HAZID, HAZOP, LHI and ALARP.
Submarine Operating documentation derivation and verification.