|Job Ref:||EMP374399||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Post Code:||SG1||Salary:||£30 - £31/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:31|
Our client, one of the UK's leading Defence suppliers, are currently looking for a Applications Training & Support Engineer to help support the adoption of a new PLM toolset.|
Experience with Windchill PDMLink
To provide application support for a large user base working in an engaging, diverse engineering environment undergoing the adoption of a new PLM toolset across a multi-national context.
• Provide support and guidance for the use of PTC’s Windchill PLM Software during the implementation and follow-on phases of the project.
• Following the roll-out, act as a focal point to resolve day-to-day user technical tool issues and manage their resolution in a timely & effective manner.
• Deliver formal training & one-to-one coaching within different Engineering communities across the company’s site locations.
• Support the creation & update of processes affected by the implementation and guidance to Users on the new ways of working for Document, Part and Change Management topics.
• Assist in the development and generation of training and support material ensuring a multi-national approach is achieved to deliver common training modules to the different user populations.
• Offer guidance and best practice to ensure users are able to work optimally.
• Assess implications & support the strategy of Migration Plans to move from legacy IT Tools to the new PLM Tool by working with multi-national project personnel.
• Carry-out various business software administration tasks.
• Provide technical support input for future tool developments in line with evolving business requirements & practices and carry out user acceptance testing.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Hands on working knowledge of Windchill PDMLink.
• Advantageous to have appreciation of Engineering related PDM/PLM functions (CAD, Configuration Management, Product Data Management, Change Management).
• Strong communication.
• Technically minded and confident able to conduct technical dialogue.
• Use of Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Previous experience of delivering training would be an advantage.
• Ability to operate as a team player.
• Willingness to travel as required.
Due to the nature of the work, the successful candidate needs to be eligible to obtain UK SC security clearance.