|Job Ref:||EMP370622||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Warton||Address:||Salary:||£35/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:31|
BAE Systems require a Support Engineer to join the Warton site on an initial 12 month contract. |
Experience of aspects of Tornado or Hawk aircraft.
The role will entail technical investigation of customer supply queries and provide support for managing Engineering data on the Supply Chain systems. Thus providing assurances all deliverables have provenance and are configuration controlled.
Key Responsible Areas:
- Working with Approved Engineering Data: evaluation and completion of Supply Chain Queries and Data management.
- Drive Engineering and operational performance in accordance with Customer KPI’s, local processes and approved Engineering Data.
- Work within specific directives/budgets and Service Level Agreements (SLA's).
- Identification of Risk or Opportunities to improving process or operational performance.
- Ensure conduct of activities within Safety, Health and Environmental (SH&E) requirements.
- To value the contributions of all personnel, regardless of position or different backgrounds, and to challenge or report any form of intimidation, harassment, bullying or abuse
Your key skills will include:
- The candidate should have sound Engineering knowledge, good communication skills and be IT literate.
- Key requirements are experience of populating IFS and mainframe Supply Systems with mandated technical and logistic data, experience of using the IEDB Supply Chain query toolset, ability to interrogate Aircraft publications and Engineering drawings to ensure appropriate governance is applied to technical query answer and data management activities.
- Ideally, experience of aspects of Tornado or Hawk aircraft with a sound knowledge/experience on type.
- A detailed knowledge (within trade skills) (theoretical and working), of data requirements and liaison with the design authority.
- Competent report writing skills and technical authoring. Good use of Excel and Word
- A detailed knowledge of BAE Supply Systems and IEDB.
- Experience in a support role
What we are looking for in you:
- A self-motivated team player capable of working independently when required.
- The ability to work under pressure to meet department and Customer requirements/deadlines.
In addition the following attributes are required
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literate (word, excel, powerpoint, outlook etc)
- Ability to work within a busy team environment
- Ability to co-ordinate and perform multiple tasks accurately and effectively
On the job training will be provided to the successful applicant to cover specific internal processes.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK