|Job Ref:||EMP372004||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Preston||Address:||Post Code:||BN1||Salary:||£25/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:31|
A vacancy exists for an Avionics Technical Publications Authors within BAE Systems Technical Publications. The job purpose will be to originate and maintain On-Aircraft Maintenance Publications for the Typhoon aircraft. |
Experience of modern electronic production tool-sets and Standard Generalised Mark-Up Language (SGML)
- The preparation of initial publications and subsequent amendments of the Typhoon maintenance publications in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Assessing and incorporating internal and external customer requests.
- The jobholder must ensure that his/her output tasks meets the defined business needs in terms of quantity, quality and schedule.
- Maintaining the validity of management information to provide accurate configuration control.
The successful candidate will need to have;
- Proven IT skills, in particular be conversant with the use of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook.
- Experience of modern electronic production tool-sets and Standard Generalised Mark-Up Language (SGML) is essential. Experience of Extensible Markup Language (XML) would be an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills are essential with particular emphasis on two-way communication and team working.
The successful applicant must also be proficient at verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively research source data. Familiarity with Technical Publications specifications (ASD S1000D, Def Stan 00-60) is essential. Applicants should have Avionics or Electrical experience preferably in an aerospace engineering environment.
EXCELLENT - Microsoft Office Excel, Word and SGML.
GOOD - Microsoft Office PowerPoint and Project.
ESSENTIAL - Communication, Team Working and Motivational Skills