|Job Ref:||EMP369731||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Leatherhead||Address:||Post Code:||KT22||Salary:||£30,000 - £40,000/year||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:31|
Our clients have an exciting opportunity for a Consultant Engineer to join their growing Technical team in Leatherhead. |
Experience working within a Certification role
A Consultant Engineer shall provide technical assessment and authorisation of approvals and projects and act as a source of technical expertise across a range of standards. It is anticipated that some of these assessments may be conducted at the client’s manufacturing or elected testing location.
Specific functions may include:
• To act as source of Technical expertise across a range of standards and disciplines
• Carry out technical reviews of reports to accept test work from other test laboratories and on behalf of Certification Bodies.
• Undertaking revenue earning work through testing, auditing, certification, advisory services or similar
• Assessing client’s approval requirements against published approvals standards.
• Preparing test programs.
• Supervisory site visits to Manufacturers Test Laboratories
• Supervision and verification of test work carried out at manufacturers elected test site
• Preparing and review of assessment/test reports and approvals certificates.
• Attending standards committees and working groups as required.
• Auditing the technical content of assessment and test reports and associated documentation produced by Engineers
• Approval and signing of certification documentation; reports etc. in line with competency matrix and ‘Mandated Reviewer’ responsibilities.
• Interpret complex issues relating to standards
• To provide pre-assessment and formal ISO17025 assessments/audits of Manufacturers own Test Laboratories in accordance with the companies Satellite laboratory program and relevant International Certification Schemes
• To provide Factory audits in accordance with Certification Scheme(s) as required
• Suitable degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent higher education or experience
• Proven Track record from similar background within the compliance or product manufacturing/design industry
• Engineering background, preferably within the Life Safety (Fire Alarm) industry
• Relevant knowledge of Directives, Legislation and standards mainly associated with CE Marking
• Relevant knowledge of 3rd party international Certification Schemes
• Relevant experience in preparing and conducting training
• ISO9001, ISO17025 and ISO 17065 auditing skills would be an advantage