|Job Ref:||EMP372898||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Scotstoun||Address:||Salary:||£45/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:32|
BAE Systems require a contract ILS Engineer at the Scotstoun site to work on the T26.|
Scope of the Role
The T26 GCS Supply Support Engineer Role will be responsible for analysing supplier data together with generating, maintaining and delivering the T26 Initial Provisioning list and related dependencies including, but not limited to, NATO Codification activites, spares modelling including ranging & scaling of Spares and Support & Test Equipment and in the production of subsequent reports.
Principle Accountabilities / Key Responsibilities
Execute Supply Support plans, requirements and processes in:
1. Producing and maintaining the Initial Provisioning Lists and supporting evidence.
2. Procucing spares modelling and ranging & scaling activities within the scope of the contract requirements in close liaison with all work streams.
3. Development of NATO Codification activities within the scope of the contract requirements in close liaison with all work streams.
4. Review and comment on suitability of supplier ILS data deliverables.
5. Identify potential risks to the supplier programme/content and provide potential remedial actions.
6. Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities to reduce costs and enhance the effectiveness of both Supply Support activities and the overall Project.
7. Produce Spares Reports that validate the level of recommended Spares.
8. Produce Support and Test Equipment Reports that validate the level of recommended Support and Test Equipment.
9. Produce Insurance Spares Report that validates the level of recommended Insurance Spares.
10. Identify Packaging, Handling, Storage and Transportation requirements relating to Spares and Support and Test Equipment.
11. Identify risks and opportunities relating to Supply Support activities.
This role is responsible for supporting the delivery of section 10 of the T26 Support SOW (T26-NA).
NA as SME on Supply Support aspects of ILS Engineering including NATO Codification requirements and Spares Modelling.
NA and produce Initial Provisioning and Support & Test Equipment listsin accordance with JSP 886 requirements.
NA all supplier and BAE Systems related Supply Support equipment and systems data within the iBOM.
NA Supply Support data and records of equipment and systems spares and S&TE until Formal Acceptance of Equipment.
NA and share learning from experience and best-practice, via the Engineering function and In-Service platforms, on configuration management.
6. Aid in the capture and development of the T26 First Outfit of Stores List.
Key Technical Competencies and Qualifications
1. Qualifications: Degree or HND/HNC or equivalent in an Engineering discipline (Mechanical/Electrical/Marine Engineering) coupled with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in an engineering field.
2. Working knowledge of Def Stan 00-600, JSP 886, Def Con 117 and in-service support requirements.
3. Understanding and awareness of spares modelling tequniques.
4. Good knowledge and awareness of Supply Support and its interactions with the wider ILS aspects and MoD infrastructure.
5. Ability to liaise and negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders.
6. Ability to work across the Projects requirement sets, understanding each functions requirements.
7. Ability to analyse Supplier data and understand its impact across the Supply Support function and the broader project.
8. Appropriate and proven project management experience.
9. Strong commitment and self motivation.
10. Ability to develop and implement the Supply Support requirements to deliver the optimum solution to the customer.
11. Understanding and experience of Warship Design, Build and Support activities.