|Job Ref:||EMP371240||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||£38/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:32|
Senior Maintenance Engineer – T45 – Portsmouth, Hampshire – 12 Months - £38.77 p/hr. LTD|
Previous experience working in an ILS environment, preferably delivering to a Def Stan 00-60 standard.
Purpose of Role:
• Provision of specialist engineering, naval expertise and advice in support of cost effective maintenance management procedures and processes for the equipment and systems on the T45 Destroyer.
• Creation and upkeep of T45 maintenance studies in the Integrated UMMS Environment (IUE).
• Provision of support to the T45 Class Output Management (COM) Managers and Ship’s Staff in resolving issues with equipment/systems maintenance schedules and procedures.
• Support the T45 ME Manager at Maintenance Review Board (MRB) and working group meetings.
• To manage all maintenance related actions as instructed by T45 ME Manager.
• Conduct and arrange any Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) Studies that may need to be undertaken for T45 and amend any Studies (both RCM and non-RCM) should changes be required.
• Conduct detailed analysis of the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) recommended maintenance policies and to derive cost effective through life support maintenance recommendations for those equipment’s and systems that are fitted to the T45.
• Liaise with the T45 COM to resolve any maintenance issues.
• Carry out technical analyses and investigations to ensure that all aspects of in-service maintenance are comprehensively addressed to meet the requirements of the ships staff maintainers, including evaluation and selection of maintenance options, and preparation of reports with suggested recommendations to support the resolution of problems.
• Conduct detailed Technical Documentation reviews and assessments to ensure that all aspects of maintenance engineering requirements are fully developed with the provision of technical critique as required.
• Attend the T45 Maintenance Review Board (MRB) to present maintenance changes for the approval of both DE&S and RN.
• Supply specialist maintenance engineering expertise and naval operational advice as required by the T45 ILS and COM Teams.
• Hold an engineering related degree (desirable) or an engineering related ONC/HNC or equivalent.
• Have previous experience of operating in an Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) environment preferably delivering to a Def Stan 00-60 standard.
• Have experience of maintenance practices in a marine environment (preferably a RN environment).
• Be RCM trained and have previous experience of conducting RCM analysis to Def Stan 02-45 and 00-45 standards.
• Have a working knowledge of the RN Unit Maintenance Management System (UMMS) tool set.
• Have the ability to effectively manage conflicting priorities and deadlines.
• Be able to work under pressure and be able to schedule, coordinate and to maintain efficiency.
• Previous experience liaising with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on engineering matters.
• The capability to work unsupervised and to carry out independent research when investigating technical issues.
• The role holder will be suitably qualified and experienced to be responsible for: Integrating Product Safety, Quality & SHE into key business decisions, regularly making time for Product Safety, Quality & SHE (Integrity).