|Job Ref:||EMP374138||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||Address:||Salary:||£35 - £40/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:32|
Our client is looking for a quantity surveyor to start ASAP on a contract basis. |
Highways Quantity Serveyor experience
An experienced Highways related Quantity Surveyor is needed for an initial a 6 month+ contract
Scope of role
- To prepare estimates, financial management and contractual advice to ensure that a successful scheme preparation and implementation process is achieved.
- To prepare financial certificates and reports and prepare technical contract documents in accordance with the Council’s standards and procedures.
- To monitor and report on expenditure for the purpose of budget assessment and monitoring.
- To agree measurements and payment values with contractors, suppliers and the like and to perform duties as required.
- To work with due regard to Health and Safety of themselves and others at all times.
Necessary role related knowledge, skills and experience
- Qualifications – relevant construction related Degree/Chartered Surveyor status/significant experience
- Computer skills with experience of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Outlook and Bills of Quantities software
- Significant construction experience
- Communication skills able to converse with engineering professionals and the like.
Working conditions – environment, and physical effort or strain
- Mainly office environment – some physical effort or strain
- Occasional visits to live highways and construction sites
- Aggressive feedback from suppliers
- Current full UK driver’s license and access to motor vehicle is required
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK