|Job Ref:||EMP370951||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||East Sussex||City:||Brighton||Address:||Post Code:||BN2||Salary:||£46,000 - £60,000/year||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:32|
Are you an experience construction project manager with knowledge of NEC3 contracts and end-to-end project management experience? I'm recruiting for a senior project manager position within a large utilities company, managing capital delivery schemes.|
NEC contract experience and management of construction projects within utilities. Proven track record of delivering on time and within budget.
My client is looking for an experienced Senior project manager to join their team within their offices in Falmer, Brighton working on capital construction projects within the water industry. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget from conception through to completion, along with extensive knowledge of NEC3 contracts. Previous experience within, or a solid understanding of utilities/water industry is desirable.
• Managing any assigned projects and/or project portfolio to provide the deliverables needed by the organisation, including achieving customer expectations
• Planning the project and/or project portfolio, and monitoring any dependencies with other initiatives
• Managing risks and issues, ensuring each has an owner and that appropriate mitigation is in place
• Keeping the project within budget
• Mobilising temporary project teams, providing task management and motivating staff to deliver to challenging timescales
• Ensuring that the quality of the project’s deliverables are acceptable, balancing this against time and quality
• Participate fully as a professional member of the team to ensure a high performing environment.
• Basic understanding of water / wastewater engineering principles
• Extensive project management capability and experience, understands the project lifecycle and business change techniques
Commercial Effectiveness and Business Expertise
• Understanding of NEC contracts
• Strong negotiation and contract management skills
• Financial management experience
• Experience of managing delivery teams comprising of different delivery entities.
Risk and Compliance
• Understanding of risk identification and management
• Proven experience with regards to delivering a programme of projects in-line with compliance procedures
Skills and Competencies
• Attention to detail and concern for order and quality
• Business case writing, excellent written skills
• Performance and delivery based
• An ability to remain positive, with a ‘can do’ attitude and ability to find pragmatic solutions to challenges
• Experience of operating and managing within a matrix
• An ability to influence decision makers, drive change in the behaviour of others and able to gain respect and trust from stakeholders
• Proven ability to deliver against tight targets and timescales
• Resilient under pressure and able to work in a constantly changing environment.
• Articulate and able to communicate effectively
• Strong leadership and team-building skills in complex, dynamic environments
• Proven experience of managing a team
• Skills to operate in a demanding performance driven environment requiring a high degree of team working and directly leading a team to deliver stretching objectives
• Degree educated and/or extensive water industry project management experience
• APMP or PRINCE 2 qualified preferred
Direct reports: Up to 10 (up to 7 Project Managers, up to 3 Assistant Project Managers)
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK