|Job Ref:||EMP373751||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Luton||Address:||Post Code:||LU3||Salary:||£35,000 - £45,000/year||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:32|
My Client is looking for an experienced QS to join their team in Luton |
Experience with Highways Term Maintenance Contracts
Reporting to the Contracts Manager, the Surveyor is responsible for all commercial and contractual matters on the site allocated to them and should be able to effectively manage an assistant surveyor to successfully deliver the contract.
• Ensure there is effective cost management of the project through regular and accurate forecasting and cost/value reporting.
• Lead and manage the procurement process to maximise profit and ensure subcontract orders are placed on time and in accordance with the company policy. (including references taken, suitable levels of HSEQ etc)
• Monitor and maximise cash flow.
• Support, advise, develop and train all members of the site team on commercial matters.
• Act and ensure others are acting in VFL’s best commercial interests at all times.
• Review and commercially assess sub-contract packages for incorporation into the main tender when required.
• Review tender information for VE opportunities
• Assist the Bid team as required.
• Ensure staff are aware of their roles and responsibilities with particular reference to VolkerFitzpatrick’s commercial interests.
• Ensure that sub-contractor’s scope of works are clearly defined and that all appropriate information is contained within the sub-contract documentation.
• Ensure that the progress of procurement is optimised to ensure programme is maintained and buying opportunities are maximised
• Ensure that the client aspirations are understood, met and exceeded
• Ensure accurate records of site activities undertaken and events are maintained and collated for easy reference
• Ensure that the commercial team comply with the company commercial policy
• Ensure that the monthly commercial reports are produced on time
• Ensure the Main Contract is resolved in a timely manner and that all contractual formalities associated with this are completed.
Experience in a similar role.
An accredited course by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS, the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) or the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES).
Alternatively, a degree with some numerical or technical is advantageous.
Relevant HND subjects include building/construction, urban and land studies, civil engineering and structural engineering.
Adequate experience as an Assistant QS/QS.