|Job Ref:||EMP373053||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Salary:||£30,000 - £38,000/year||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:32|
My client is looking for a Mechanical Engineer based up in Southampton with experience predominately within the water sector.|
Water Industry Experience
You will be responsible for the development of mechanical hardware from concept through production and will be reporting to the Engineering Manager.
Duties will include:
- Mechanical concept design and modelling from prototype through to production.
- Creation and maintenance of related drawings and documents.
- Supporting bill-of-material maintenance.
- Verification and validation of mechanical hardware in accordance with test plans.
- Support to production and supply chain.
- Promoting a professional image when client facing and on site at all times.
- Work is mainly based in the Southampton office, though must have flexibility in working out of the region if needed.
- Occasional “out of hours” may be required to complete specific tasks.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience developing mechanical hardware in a commercial environment.
- Knowledge and experience of valves or control products.
- Experience in dealing with suppliers.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Personal stability, assurance, integrity, energy and drive to “make things happen”.