|Job Ref:||EMP376406||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Marine||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||£47/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:32|
Project Controls Manager, Portsmouth– 6 Months - £47.63p/hr. LTD|
Previous LCM experience
Purpose of Role:
• Providing Project Control Subject Matter Expert support to projects as required.
• Analyse project data including schedule, earned value and metrics and advises Project Office, CAMs and PMs and PM function accordingly Major Tasks and Activities (typical examples given below).
• Set standards for Project Control across the business to meet desired levels of capability and effectiveness.
• Propose areas for improvement and set out plans, objectives and targets and delivers the improvement Provide expertise in risk, project planning, monitoring and control, Earned Value, tools, techniques and project control procedures.
• Analyse the project control data and provide objective information on which to make decisions Coach Project Control Teams and Project Management in Project Control processes, procedures and tools Support the preparation, training and implementation of EVM and Integrated Baseline, Demonstration and Surveillance Reviews.
• Provide support across BAE for Integrated Baseline, Demonstration and Surveillance.
• Reviews Support major Business Development Campaigns and bids to left-shift Project Control.
• Good Practise into the bidding phase of project/s Support bids as required ensuring Project Control procedures are adhered to.
• Provides support to resource loading issues across the business Ensure valid data is provided by all Project Control staff across the business Support the schedule update process iaw current Project Control processes.
• Provide support to set up integrated project plans Provide Project Control training and support to Project Control and Project Teams Regular Interfaces (typical examples given below) PM Leads, Heads of Programme & Programme/Project Managers Members of the Project Team and supporting Functional Teams.
• Good understanding of concepts, techniques and procedures in Project Management with basic commercial awareness.
• Risk & Opportunity Management
• Management, Lifecycle Management and Stakeholder Management).
• Specialist understanding of Project Control including risk, project planning, monitoring and control, analysis and earned value management.
• Knowledge of the LCM Guides and LCM processes is essential.
• Previous Project Management experience.
• Knowledge of LCM.
• PM qualification is preferred )e.g. APMP, PMP