|Job Ref:||EMP371362||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Filton||Address:||Post Code:||BS34||Salary:||£52/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:32|
A Software Engineer is required to join BAE Systems in Filton to develop tool(s) to establish and maintain a description of the performance of the Type 26 Combat System. |
Major Tasks and Activities:
NA performance assessment tool(s) in accordance with agreed processes.
NA and deliver performance assessment demonstrations, presentations, and reports.
- Performance assessment tool(s) and associated design and test documentation.
- Performance assessment demonstrations, presentations, and reports.
Describe with whom the role regularly interfaces:
- MoD and OEM Subject Matter Experts.
- CS Design and Architecture teams.
- External modelling SMEs.
- Central Engineering Software function.
Key Technical Skills:
- Software development skills essential.
- Object-Oriented experience highly desirable (e.g. C++/Java).
- Experience writing technical design documentation, configuration management and unit and integration testing essential.
- Modelling and Simulation experience desirable.
- Understanding of DOORS and System Architect tools desirable, particularly use of dxl.
- Use of MATLAB & Simulink for mathematical modelling desireable.
- Good organisational and communication skills essential.
Key Leadership/People Management Skills:
- Understanding of role purpose and its contribution to the project.
- Good contributor to a team-based working environment.
Key Interpersonal/Behavioural Skills:
- Flexible approach to the tasks required.
- Be proactive and adopt a professional approach to dealing with the customer community and colleagues within a joint collaborative team.
Key Mental/Analytical Skills and Challenges:
- Self-starter. Able to identify and prioritise tasks towards an agreed overall objective.
- Innovative. Able to ‘think out of the box’ in defining solutions that minimise project risk and maximise likelihood of successful implementation.
- Reasoning skills. Ability to ‘second-guess’ the likely needs of the customer, hence to act as an ‘intelligent supplier’.
- Awareness of naval combat system equipment, capabilities and performance.
- Understanding of the tools, techniques & methodologies used across industry to implement tools appropriate for performance assessment.
- Understanding of the need to capture and maintain data generated for use by the project and the tools and techniques so used.