|Job Ref:||EMP372068||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||Address:||Salary:||£35,000 - £45,000/year||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:33|
Systems Engineer – Full lifecycle This is an immediate requirement for a Systems Engineer with experience of working on Electronics and Software Systems. |
Systems Engineering, Requirements, complex systems
A great opportunity has arisen for a Systems Engineer to work for a leading Avionics company in the Southampton area. This Systems Engineer role will be working on a new programme designing several new products for the UK and international market.
The ideal candidate will have experience of the full Systems V-model with in a complex environment
Although based in Southampton, this role is commutable from Bournemouth, Portsmouth and Winchester
Re-locators are also welcome to apply and my client can offer assistance to those who qualify.
JOB DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS
Responsibilities for this Systems Engineer role
- User and System Requirement capture and management
- Production of Requirements, Design Specifications, Integration Plans and Test Specifications
- Technical management of prototyping and development activities
- Technical leadership of a muti-function team which could cover hardware, software and mechanical domains.
- Responsibility for significant systems design decisions and sub-system level
- Support marketing and bid preparation
- Conducting customer acceptance events and activities
- Manage changes to the solution/ design while continuing to communicate the changes to the team
- Assist with closing and delivering new business opportunities securing long term revenue streams
- Discuss with and question prospective clients or business development/ bid team to identify what the business is trying to achieve through the solution
- Work closely with other key member’s i.e. Business development team, Bid manager and Project management team
Requirements for this Systems Engineer role
- Excellent client facing skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Fully grounded in all aspect of System Design activities and disciplines
- Experience of managing schedules and resourcing
- Experience in Hardware, Software and Mechanical Engineering desirable
- Exposure to complex high performance Information systems
- Requirements capture and analysis
- Knowledge of Integration, Verification and Acceptance
Due to the nature of the work at this site, applicants must be capable of achieving SC level UK security clearance. Current clearance is not a requirement.