Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||EMP372446||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||£450/day||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:33|
Though NATS are not looking for someone who necessarily has familiarity with ATM, the successful candidate will have a number of responsibilities which will include:|
This lead role is for an experienced test engineer to lead the Performance and Capacity test approach across all Deployment Points concerned with the integration of new Air Traffic Management (ATM) tools into an operational environment.
• Review the performance and capacity definition papers produced by NATS and the Platform layer and develop the associated test strategy
• Define the level of testing that will be carried out by the Service Group Layer
• Document the Platform Performance and Capacity approach in a document and update Platform Master Test Plan
• Document the Service Layer Performance and Capacity approach in a document and update Platform Master Test Plan
• Define all required test environments, tools and data
• Work with the associated DP IV Leads and Integration Cycle Leads to implement the required test approach and prioritise the backlog
• Lead the development of the detail test campaign and test scripts to implement the required testing
• Analyse and report impacts of Integration Cycle activities on release schedules to Deployment Projects.
• Work with the Deployment Project to facilitate early validation using early Platform Releases and advise on achieved performance and capacity results and constraints into deployment validation, training and transition activities.
• Verifying performance and capacity figures against defined targets incrementally, as a whole and at regression points
• Analysing data from lower level testing against requirements
• Design and Develop automated Performance, Stability, Scalability, and Reliability tests
• Leadership of integration & verification projects and/or teams
• Experience in building and executing Performance Tests, with strong knowledge of performance concepts (e.g. response time, system resource utilization, throughput, etc.)
• Experience of producing across system performance test strategies
• Ability to identify, troubleshoot and debug issues and identify bottlenecks in application layers at all levels including operating system, component, database, networks
• Test automation to reduce manual regression testing.
• Testing in a virtualised environment and/or within ITIL service delivery programmes.
• Experience of working large-scale and complex integration programmes.
• Design and development of external system simulations.
• Testing against requirements, architectures and designs defined in a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approach
• Proactive attitude, with experience of working successfully in dynamic and demanding working environments.
• Desired Skills:
• Design, development and execution of integration testing of Service Orientated Architectures and Enterprise Service Bus based solutions.
• Test experience with high-integrity real-time systems.
• Test experience with safety-related and/or safety-critical systems.
• DOORS, JIRA and Quality Centre experience
• Ability to architect and develop tools to facilitate and enhance Performance testing
• Experience of end to end tool strategy for the full SDLC.
• ATM knowledge would be advantageous but is not a pre-requisite.