|Job Ref:||EMP372134||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Retford||Address:||Post Code:||DN22||Salary:||£45,000 - £50,000/year||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:33|
Our successful client is experiencing rapid growth in its highly engineered products and is seeking to recruit an ambitious and highly motivated Design professional to support the Head of Engineering.|
Leadership and CATIA experience
Reporting to the Head of Engineering and managing a department of six engineers, the Design Manager will have overall responsibility for the design of new or improved products, sub components and tooling to support the following functions:
• New Product Introduction
• Product Qualification
As an essential member of the management team the role will require close involvement with the Head of Engineering and other Executive Directors ensuring that the customers’ expectations are fully satisfied and company’s planned growth targets are achieved.
This role represents a substantial opportunity for an outstanding individual to take significant responsibility within a successful privately owned business during this period of growth and it is envisaged that further development opportunities will be made available to the successful candidate.
• Engineering graduate with significant experience in Computer Aided Design.
• Strong leadership and team management to bring about effective change.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and credibility to effectively present, communicate and influence at all levels across the Icon Polymer Group.
• Experience of working in a dynamic organisation that has experienced significant growth would be very useful.
• Experienced in the use of Catia for the design of components.
• Experienced in undertaking and managing Design Activities within a manufacturing organisation in support of Commercial Bids (proposals), New Product Introduction activities and Change Management.
• Ability to understand and interpret product specifications and drawings is essential.
• A good understanding of materials and methods-of-manufacture knowledge, ideally in Polymers.
• Excellent communication, planning & organising skills
• Energy, drive and results orientation
• Strong customer focus
Due to the nature of the organisation, the role is varied. Major tasks would include, but not be limited to the following:
• Department responsibility and accountability for the design office including the line management and development of six individuals.
• Support the growth of the department through effective management of the team capacity and capability.
• Ensure the quality of the departmental output to ensure the designs are accurate and complete, fulfilling all of the necessary requirements.
• Maintain the internal departmental processes and procedures to ensure compliance to QA standards in order to maintain our quality accreditations; both internal and customer specific.
• Provision of technical data to the sales department through commercial bids and customer engagement.
• Provision of technical support to assist in New Product Introduction.
• Support the qualification of new products to validate performance to the necessary specifications and technical requirements.
• Provision of technical support to production departments through problem solving, corrective actions and Continuous Improvement activities.
• General technical support to the Executive team to ensure the annual business plan is delivered.