Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||EMP371539||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Basildon||Address:||Post Code:||SS14||Salary:||£55,000 - £70,000/year||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:33|
Systems Architect – Military Communications This is an immediate requirement for a Systems Architect or Systems Engineer with experience of working on Electronics Communication and/or avionic systems. |
Systems Architect – Military Communications
This is an immediate requirement for a Systems Architect or Systems Engineer with experience of working on Electronics Communication and/or avionic systems.
A great opportunity has arisen for a Systems Architect to work for a leading Electronics design company in the Basildon area. This Systems Architect role will be working on a number of new programmes and products being developed for both the UK and international markets.
Re-locators are also welcome to apply and my client can offer assistance to those who qualify.
JOB DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS
Responsibilities for this role
- Proposing and evaluating alternative technical approaches to delivering communications systems and optimising selections based on performance, cost, timescale criteria
- Support the sales team in customer and supplier discussions globally as required
- Architecting (and in some cases building) the technology for competitions and user trials
- Work with users, sponsors, and development teams to explore alternative architectural paradigms
- Produce candidate system architectures and derive requirements at all system levels
- Work with Engineering Managers to estimate the cost of solutions.
Requirements for this role
- Experience of either all-IP network systems, mobile wireless communications, ECM systems, avionics communications or IFF systems
- A good understanding of defence communications
- Knowledge of communications architecture[s] and principles
- Knowledge of emerging technologies
- Experience of full life cycle for product and system development – concept through to disposal
- Experience in new technology development definition and deployment is essential (typically multi million pound/euro developments)
- Familiarity with commercial communication products and trends
- Experience of dealing with customers at a senior technical level
Due to the nature of the work at this site, applicants must be capable of achieving SC level UK security clearance. Current clearance is not a requirement.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK