|Job Ref:||EMP361211||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Edinburgh||Address:||Post Code:||EH3||Salary:||£40,000 - £50,000/year||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:33|
Principal Systems Engineer - Major programmes This is an immediate requirement for a Principal Systems Engineer or Senior Systems Engineer with experience of working on the development of complex Electronic Systems.|
Systems Engineering, Electronics
A great opportunity has arisen for a Principal Systems Engineer to work for a leading Electronics design company in the Essex area. This role will be working on a number of new programmes covering both the aerospace and naval markets. Product ranges you will be involved will cover areas like Radar, electro-optical and RF sensors.
The ideal candidate will have experience of technically leading small teams of Engineers
Re-locators are also welcome to apply and my client can offer assistance to those who qualify.
JOB DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS
Responsibilities for this role
- All Systems Engineering aspects of new and existing programmes, working at all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Supporting the development of Thermal Imaging system architectures/designs and their implementation.
- Supporting the development of Systems of Systems solutions within domains such as Border Protection.
- Robust documentation as appropriate for all stages in the engineering lifecycle appropriate for managing existing systems and for taking concepts through to production.
Requirements for this role
- Extensive experience of the Systems Engineering lifecycle, from development and management of requirements (preferably using DOORS) through to acceptance testing
- A background in high performance electro-optical (thermal imaging and other bands) sensors and/or radar systems is highly desirable.
- An awareness of data/signal processing.
- Experience working on Bids & Proposals is highly desirable.
- Awareness of Functional analysis and Specification development is highly desirable as would be the ability to work with other disciplines and external suppliers/customers.
- Experience of Model Driven Engineering approaches (eg Simulink) would also be beneficial.
Due to the nature of the work at this site, applicants must be capable of achieving SC level UK security clearance. Current clearance is not a requirement.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK