|Job Ref:||EMP371180||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||Address:||Salary:||£20 - £24/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:33|
Our client is looking for a Clerk of Works with a specific skill set around Highway Maintenance to join a busy highways team|
Scope of role
* To check and monitor that the work is being constructed according to the contract specifications and in a safe manner.
* To issue instructions to contractors subject to written confirmation to be Delegated Representative.
* To inform Delegated Representative of work progress and problems arising.
* To resolve minor design problems with the contractor and report them to the Delegated representative.
* To agree measurements, compile labour and plant returns, reports and records to assist with the agreement of variations and other related matters
* To liaise with contractors, Statutory Authorities, Police and members of the public to resolve queries and site problems and issues.
* To work with regard to Health and Safety of themselves and others at all times.
Necessary role-related knowledge, skills and experience
* Minimum of five years' experience with the operation of civil engineering highways sites.
* Computer skills with experience of MS Word and MS Excel and time sheet software.
Working conditions - environment, and physical effort or strain
* Construction site based - access to projects by vehicle and on foot - full mobility is essential.
* Lone working, confined spaces, working on live high speed carriageways, river and rail locations.
* Working out of normal hours to meet demands of the project
* Current full UK driver's license and access to vehicle is required
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK