|Job Ref:||EMP374297||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Hertford||Address:||Post Code:||SG14||Salary:||Up to £50,000/year||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:33|
This role is essential within our client's integrated services which are offered to the Life Sciences industry. We are looking for an accomplished manager with proven calibrations skills and experience to take responsibility of the development and supervision of people and processes delivered to a Life Sciences customer’s laboratory operations, and for supervising the day to day LIS solutions of an assigned team to ensure the delivery of services in a safe, compliant and timely manner against agreed service levels. |
Proven experience within a management role and expertise in calibration.
The Calibration Lab Manager will work in cooperation with the LIS Management team, client’s management, and end users. They will communicate with the client and LIS Engineering Operations Manager on all issues concerning execution of the Service deliverables and be responsible for the day-to-day smooth running of the test and calibration laboratory according to business objectives and in accordance with ISO:9001 and ISO:17025 quality standards.
- Prepare and provide reports for senior management assessing the business performance.
- Providing technical expertise during onsite customer visits, meetings and supporting training events and exhibitions as required.
- Ensuring continued conformity with ISO:9001 and ISO:17025 (UKAS) quality standards.
- Develop current state/future state for calibration department.
- Implement 5S, lean methodologies.
- Supervises, directs and schedules day-to-day and long-range activities for defined LIS scope and ensure that all programs and procedures of the LIS staff are being properly, maintained, implemented and adhered to.
- Ensures that all LIS are provided in a cost-effective, safe and compliant manner in accordance with the approved service level and the customer’s requirements to fulfil contractual obligations.
- Responsible for proper planning and scheduling for Laboratory Instrument Services including maintenance, repair, commissioning \ decommissioning, validation and calibration of laboratory instruments.
- Reviews all work to ensure performance, safety and statutory and regulatory compliance. Ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures and adheres to company standards.
- Responsible for managing of process performance metrics, maintaining and updating all assigned systems and databases (Timesheets from direct reports are accuracy maintained). Provides regular management reports as required..
- Responsible for the development of direct reports including hiring and training. This may be by direct application of own expertise or sourced experience.
- Supports the LIS Engineering Operations Manager in establishing and coordinating goal setting and performance reviews for direct reports and possibly those reporting to direct reports, utilizing relevant CBRE and Client systems. Ensures training records are maintained and up to date.
- Resolves problems and/or conflicts and maintains open communication with the client, escalating all issues to the LIS Engineering Operations Manager.
- Ensures work is in accordance with approved equipment, calibration, maintenance and safety procedures. For LIS this may include but not limited to maintenance, repair, commissioning \ decommissioning, validation and calibration of laboratory instruments.
- Reviews and updates LIS equipment, maintenance and calibration procedures and utilizes experience and expertise to coach or provide guidance to wider team.
- Assesses competence and delivers training to wider engineering team to ensure maximum awareness of core principles of calibration, measurement uncertainty.
- Works with global SME group to ensure alignment and consistent delivery and working methods for all calibration SOPs
- Implements 5S and conducts regular Safety, Process and Observation Gembas in the Calibration Laboratory.
- Assumes overall responsibility for the Calibration Laboratory, ensuring a safe and compliant environment.
- Ensures supply of spares parts and consumables for in scope LIS.
- To own and be accountable for the generation and maintenance of Calibration Master List (CML), for all “Send-away” equipment (for calibration), and all in-house calibrated equipment.
Candidate Skills & Experience:
- cGxP Experience / Training
- Pharmaceutical / Regulated working background Science/Engineering
- Experience of a wide range of metrological techniques
- Reviewing and building measurement uncertainty budgets
- Implementing procedures in line with the requirements of ISO 17025
- Fronting audits against the requirements of ISO 17025
- Implementing robust methods to ensure the quality of calibration results
- Working with customer groups to agree calibration target ranges and tolerances
- Pharmaceutical / Regulated working background
- cGxP Experience / Training
Please feel free to call NA for more information.