|Job Ref:||EMP373152||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Milton Keynes||Address:||Post Code:||MK9||Salary:||£20,000 - £24,000/year||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:33|
Our client is looking for a graduate engineer to join their team in Milton Keynes.|
A minimum degree level Civil / Structural Engineering candidate is required.
Overview of Job:
• Undertake Civil and Structural engineering design works for a varied range of projects, including residential developments, commercial building / infrastructure and the design of highway structures.
• Projects will be taken from conceptual designs through to full detailed designs.
• Work involves significant use of specialist design software and CAD.
• Outputs include drawings, reports, calculations and correspondence.
• The role involves the submission of designs for third party approvals and will require pro-active communication with clients, authorities and other agencies to ensure projects are completed to deadlines and budgets.
• The candidate will have the opportunity to work within both Civil and Structural Engineering Teams to allow them to develop a robust experience and be positioned in the most appropriate team.
• A minimum degree level Civil/Structural Engineering candidate is required.
• Preferably a student or graduate member of The Institution of Civil Engineers or Institution of Structural Engineers.
• Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team. This will also involve working with various other disciplines within the company and external companies.
• Self-motivated individual with desire to develop within the Civil and Structural Engineering Team.
• 100% commitment to the Company Values and Service Commitments.
• Excellent time keeping.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Smart appearance in accordance with Company dress code policy.
• Hold full clean driving licence and have own private car with insurance for business use.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Liaise with clients, other staff members and statutory bodies including Building Control, NHBC, Planning Authorities, Highway Authorities, Environment Agency, Statutory Undertakers etc.
• Design of new infrastructure schemes (roads, drainage and external works) to serve new developments.
• Design of roundabouts, signalled junctions and traffic control schemes.
• Design and specification of sustainable drainage techniques.
• Design of foundation systems including traditional footings, piled and raft designs.
• Super-structure design in reinforced concrete, steel and timber, including calculations, construction detail drawings.
• Production of reports including structural assessments, contract documents, bills of quantities.
• Use various computer software programs which will include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Access), AutoCAD and more specialist software.
• Occasional site visits for inspections or investigation work (e.g. structural surveys, foundation inspections and resolving site queries). Health and Safety guidance should be followed and appropriate personal protective equipment used.
• Compliance with Designer’s responsibilities under the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2007.
• Attendance at meetings with team, clients, contractors and statutory bodies.
• Provide supervision and training to apprentices.
• Enrol on the company ICE training scheme and produce reports and progress towards professional membership as required.
• Bonus scheme provided based on the employees productivity.
• Minimum 7.5 hours working day Monday to Friday, with core hours of 10am to 4pm. Minimum 30 minutes lunch break.
• 25 days annual leave, rising to 26 after two years’ service and 27 after 5 years’ service.
• After 3 months service entitled to join company pension scheme (5% employer contribution, 3% employee contribution). The scheme includes death on service benefit of 2x salary, rising to 4x salary after 5 years’ service.
• After 6 months service entitled to join company private healthcare scheme.
• Membership fees for one professional institution reimbursed.