Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||EMP373112||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Warrington||Address:||Post Code:||MK46||Salary:||From £30,000/year||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:33|
Role purpose: Geotechnical engineers will perform geotechnical investigations to obtain information on the physical properties of soil and rock underlying (and sometimes adjacent to) a site to design earthworks and foundations for proposed structures, and for repair of distress to earthworks and structures caused by subsurface conditions. |
3 - 5 years experience
The role would include the organising, planning and monitoring of geotechnical investigations including surface exploration and subsurface exploration of a site. Typically site investigation will include subsurface sampling and laboratory testing of the soil samples retrieved, the digging of test pits and trenching to learn about soil conditions at depth.
To support the civil design team with respect to foundation and piling design.
To closely manage/monitor progress of the geotechnical investigations, anticipate problems and difficulties and report back to the Design Manager any significant problems that may affect the Civil design and planned programme of installation activities.
• Analyse contract documents to ensure correct interpretation of customers/consultants intentions.
• Manage the geotechnical investigations and support the civil engineering team in the design of foundations and ancillary equipment so that they may be safely constructed in accordance with contract documents and/or current practices.
• Review the geotechnical reports and provide interpretation for the civil designers.
• Assist in analysis and resolution of civil foundation and piling design problems.
• Advise on soil contamination and remedial actions for disposal or clean up.
• Provide advice to the designers with respect to the soil properties. (resistivity and cathodic protection design)
• Support the design team with respect to advice on the location of plant and equipment based on the ground conditions.
• Provide support to the designers with respect to foundation piling methods based on the ground conditions.
• Attend tests, as required, to verify the suitability of design.
• Provide necessary calculations and/or reports to justify test loads and results. Assist in analysis of test failures.
• Correspond as directed with the Business Units, customer, consultant, vendor (sub-contractor) to ensure the achievement of satisfactory progress and quality. Visit sites and offices (home and overseas) to discuss and solve problem issues, as appropriate.
• Assist in mentoring and training of graduate civil engineers and geotechnical engineers.
• Undertake training as required to enable effective achievement of other objectives
• Liaise with Development Section regarding development of and updates to relevant computer programmes and assist in analysis of new design concepts.
• Undertake other such duties as may be required by the Senior Geotechnical Engineer
• Senior management teams and employees across the business
• Design Managers
• Civil Designers
• Clients and Customers
• Geotechnical Engineering / Civil Engineering Degree or Equivalent
• Experience in the construction industry
• Health & safety knowledge
• Ability to supervise and manage the production of geotechnical drawings
• Geotechnical / Soil Mechanics qualification
• Knowledge of CDM2007
• Previous experience of Piling and foundations design