|Job Ref:||EMP373661||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wakefield||Address:||Post Code:||WF2||Salary:||Up to £20,000/year||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:33|
Purpose of Job: To profitably, efficiently and effectively manage site investigation works. |
Relevant Geology / Geotechnical Degree
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Supervision of site investigations (working away from home will be required).
- Logging of soil and rock in accordance with BS5930:2015, Amendment 1, BS EN ISO 14688 and BS EN ISO 14689.
- Managing site investigation works, dealing with suppliers and preparation of health and safety documentation.
- Site monitoring.
- Undertake duties of an assistant driller as dictated by workload.
- Factual reporting and data processing.
- Assisting senior staff with project related duties.
- Oversee department equipment - allocation, hire, servicing and repairs.
- Travel and attend internal and external meetings as required.
- Adhere to working instructions as specified from internal and external clients.
- Conduct internal paperwork as required.
- Communicate with internal and external parties.
Essential Professional/Technical Skills & Qualifications
- Relevant Geology / Geotechnical Degree
- Experienced in the supervision and management of ground investigation contracts.
- Experience in compliance with CDM regulations and production of H&S documentation.
- The post holder will be expected to attend and pass internal and industry recognised external training courses. These may include, PTS, NRASWA, CCNSG, towing license, CAT, - First Aid and manual handling training.
- Maintenance of ground investigation equipment.
- UK Driving License
- Conduct business in a professional manner at all times
- Flexible in approach to work – both with regard to working hours and working away from home
- Ability to work to deadlines & targets
- Ability to work in a team towards a mutual goal
- Good communication skills
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship with all external clients
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK