|Job Ref:||EMP372527||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||Address:||Salary:||£28,000 - £30,000/year||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:33|
Due to exciting expansion within our client's Genomics team we are looking to engage with talented and confident scientists with clear PCR skills to join the team, as a Senior Technical Specialist, on a permanent basis.|
Proven experience in PCR with experience within industry - ideally pharmaceutical company or CRO. Candidates must have access to their own transport to be considered for this position.
In this position you will be responsible for conducting and supervising analytical work on a range of projects and studies. You will ensure that all analytical procedures within these areas are performed to the highest scientific standards, in accordance with GxP and relevant SOPs. Overall, you will act as a technical contact for clients placing Biopharmaceutical Analysis projects, establishing client requirements, developing protocol and project plans, liaising on day to day issues and ensuring that communications meet client expectations.
- Design, optimise and validate real-time PCR assays, to include absolute quantification as well as relative quantification.
- To perform or supervise allocated analytical work on projects and studies, in accordance with the project plan or protocol, GxP and the relevant SOPs.
- To develop, improve and validate analytical procedures, ensuring that these meet the objective of the study and scientific standards required by clients and regulatory authorities.
- To interpret and analyse the results obtained from projects or studies and provide advice to department staff in data interpretation.
- To produce accurate scientific reports of the work undertaken by self or under one’s supervision.
- To provide specialist technical advice and training to department staff and study sponsors.
- To keep abreast of regulatory and highlight any areas of concern to line manager.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of scientific advancements and developments.
- To perform system manager duties for relevant instrumentation.
- To assist the Team Leader in the management and organisation of staff, facilities and equipment in the section.
- To advise and monitor staff on safe working practices in accordance with HASAWA and COSHH, and report on safe working practice to line manager.
What we are looking for...
- Expertise in molecular biology techniques such as q and RTPCR
-Experienced in assay development/validation and sample analysis in a variety of matrices
- Good attention to detail.
- Time management skills
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Strong experience/knowledge of the drug development process - gained within a pharmaceutical company or CRO.
- BSc, MSc, PhD in a science subject related to molecular biology.