|Job Ref:||EMP373698||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Aerospace||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Suffolk||City:||Ipswich||Address:||Salary:||£25,000 - £45,000/year||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:33|
Our clients have an exciting opportunity for a Packaging Engineer to join their growing team. This role involves the operation, build, installation/commissioning and maintenance/repair of in-house and purchased equipment used for chip-on-carrier (COC) packaging, measurement, burn-in, stress testing and qualification of semiconductor lasers, detectors and modulator chips.|
Equipment or packaging process experience
The role is part of the Validation team, providing cross-functional support to R&D and Operations in the delivery of new product development and ensuring on-going production quality. This is a hands-on role requiring multi-disciplined knowledge and expertise to meet ever changing business needs. The role will interact closely with Reliability, Packaging and Test Operation, Test Development and Facilities amongst others.
• Sustain and improve equipment uptime and utilisation through timely repair and maintenance.
• Introduce upgrades to equipment as necessary to enhance reliability, functionality and capability.
• Resolution of unscheduled equipment downtime, including fault finding/repair, and liaising with packaging, characterisation and reliability test equipment providers to identify suitable resolution.
• Ensuring equipment engineering activities are carried out safely and that modifications and new equipment meet quality and performance standards.
• Assist with equipment development and procurement by ensuring appropriate specification, selection, installation, commissioning and functional acceptance.
• Generation of process instructions/checklists, preventive maintenance schedules for new and existing equipment.
• Generation of SPC and gage R&R procedures for existing and new equipment and processes.
• Risk assessment and mitigation of new and existing equipment.
• Manage time and resources, providing direction to other team members as required.
• Experience working within Optoelectronic, semi conductor, power device or aviation industry
• Demonstrable experience of process development.
• Experience either with packaging processes or reliability testing