Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||EMP373643||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Leamington Spa||Address:||Post Code:||CV32||Salary:||£65,000 - £80,000/month||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:33|
Currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join the technical centre either in Shoreham or Leamington Spa to lead a large Defence based powertrain design and development project. This will require working in close partnership with Chief Engineers, and Project Directors in order to deliver the programme.|
You will be degree qualified in a relevant subject, currently delivering projects in a multi disciplinary environment and ideall
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our current team at our technical centre either in Shoreham or Leamington Spa to lead large Defence based powertrain design and development project. This will require working in close partnership with Chief Engineers, and Project Directors in order to deliver the programme.
In the longer term, this position will be a great opportunity to gain exposure to a wider number of projects that differ significantly in client type, size and complexity, and to contribute to the development of Ricardo’s Project Management capabilities and services.
The core responsibilities for this role include full accountability for the delivery of multi-disciplinary projects, managing the risk and commercial exposure of Ricardo whilst ensuring that all projects are completed to time, cost and quality requirements. You will also be expected to support the generation of multi-disciplinary proposals and bids through to successful conclusion, working closely with in-house engineering disciplines.
Your main responsibilities would include:
• Client Management
• Developing and maintaining customer relationships
• Contract Management
• Reporting at Company Director level.
• Project team leadership and management
As project leader you will take responsibility for leading the delivery team to ensure the following project management activities are achieved and you should therefore have a sound understanding of Project Management processes:
• Managing and monitoring project scope
• Creating, managing and monitoring Project / Programme schedules
• Creating, managing and monitoring project budgets, forecasts and invoicing.
• Co-ordinating and managing communication and project documentation
• Manage project risks utilising the Ricardo risk and opportunity management process
• Preparation of project progress reports
Work will be carried out in accordance with Ricardo project management systems, processes and guidelines and where required, conformance with requirements of project clients.
The ideal candidate will be a professional project manager with a significant history of delivering automotive or vehicle Defence based projects for a commercial engineering organisation. Technical decision making will be the responsibility of the function area Chief Engineers, but the ideal candidate will have sufficient technical understanding to support sound decision making.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate that they have the capabilities to undertake the following:
• Lead and drive projects through to completion
• Have a clear understanding of customer management
• Take a dynamic and innovative approach to delivery
• Thrive on problem solving and have a natural desire to contribute to continuous improvement within the function
• Will have strong interpersonal skills and be motivated by success, with the will and determination to deliver
The candidate must be prepared to work on a projects with Defence based content and should be prepared for travel to other Ricardo engineering sites on a regular basis as well as extensive foreign travel to client locations as required by the project. A good level of PC and general computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is essential.
You will be degree qualified in a relevant subject, currently delivering projects in a multi disciplinary environment and ideally will hold a professional project management qualification.