the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
You will be part of the Product Development Engineering, Aerospace team where it all starts for Bombardier as it sets the stage to take full advantage of its investments and the tremendous growth potential of its new products. The organization is responsible for bringing new aircraft programs to their successful entry-into-service. Currently, these new products are the all-new CSeries commercial aircraft and the high-performance Global 7000/Global 8000 business jets.
In your role, you will:
- Review certification plans
- Write development and certification test procedures (Test Definition Sheets)
- Plot and analyze ground and flight test data
- Create flight test reports containing data demonstrating proper system operation as required by TC/FAA/EASA Regulations
- Assist technicians in troubleshooting aircraft avionics system problems
- Create development engineering documentation for design changes, in a flight test environment
- Provide system performance analysis to ensure proper operation as per the design specification
As our ideal candidate,
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
- You must have a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (Or Equivalent degree) with a minimum of 4 years' experience in Avionics systems design and certification OR a minimum of 6 years' experience if no degree.
- You must have previous experience of supporting aircraft ground, flight, and functional testing
- A working knowledge of Rockwell Collins Proline 21 or Fusion Avionics Systems would be advantageous.
- You must have a good working knowledge of FAA & EASA Part 25 certification requirements .
- You must have working knowledge of RTCA documents DO-178 and DO-160.
- You must have the ability to interpret software documentation including logic diagrams related to avionics systems.
- You must have experience with utilizing ARINC data to isolate faults related to system controls software.
- You will demonstrate good teamwork and English communication skills, both oral and written, and be PC literate.
- You will demonstrate interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, employees, management and suppliers.
- You must be self-motivated, able to coordinate multiple activities and manage time effectively.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.