the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
You will be part of the Product Development Engineering, Aerospace team where it all starts for Bombardier as it sets the stage to take full advantage of its investments and the tremendous growth potential of its new products. The organization is responsible for bringing new aircraft programs to their successful entry-into-service. Currently, these new products are the all-new CSeries commercial aircraft and the high-performance Global 7000/Global 8000 business jets.
In your role, you will:
- Supervise a team of Avionics and Electrical Engineers
- Monitor adherence to established standards, policies and procedures
- Provide administrative support to the Manager
- Act as the Manager during the absence of the Manager
As our ideal candidate,
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
- You must have a BS degree in Electrical/Aerospace Engineering or a related discipline
- You have a minimum of 15 years relevant experience in avionics and/or electrical design and flight testing.
- You have prior leadership experience in a position of responsibility in a design or flight test environment.
- You have a minimum of 3 aircraft certification programs for new aircraft or major derivatives.
- You have excellent leadership, communication, learning, problem solving skills and the ability to supervise and coach a team of 10-15 people.
- You will demonstrate good teamwork and communication skills, both oral and written.
- You will demonstrate interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, employees, management and suppliers.
- You must be self-motivated, able to coordinate multiple activities and manage time effectively.
- You have detailed and practical knowledge of aircraft manufacturing processes, engineering methods & principles, flight testing regulatory requirements (including FAA & EASA Part 25), flight test instrumentation, flight test data acquisition and processing, ground and flight test conduct and aircraft certification project management.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.