Fire Alarm and Life Safety Systems Assistant Installer (Seattle, WA)|
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
The Construction helper will be required to:
- Follow verbal and written instructions, read and understand simple construction blueprints and diagrams to assist in installation activities.
- Use a variety of hand tools and power tools to assist with the installation of pipe, valves, and devices as directed by the field installers.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area. Pick up and properly dispose of all trash associated with SimplexGrinnell’s work. Wear appropriate safety equipment as required including hats and shoes.
- Properly secure all SimplexGrinnell tools and equipment at the end of each work period so as to prevent damage or loss.
- Complete and submit time reports and other documents as required.
- May be required to work alternate shifts or weekends to meet customer installation requirements.
- The Assistant Installer will also delver materials part time.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Who we are looking for:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background screening, drug test, and have an acceptable driving record.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Carry/move equipment and tools weighing between 50-70 pounds.
- Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment, including crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
Rewards and benefits
We’ll expect a lot from you, but we’ll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we’ll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you’ll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.