|Job Ref:||017640||Employer:||Hitachi||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stoke Poges||Address:||Post Code:||SL2||Post Date:||15/10/2016 00:02|
Job Title Contract Manager: Managed Cloud Services |
Our business has evolved into a Cloud, Internet of Things and Big Data services organization and as such we require a contract manager who will take responsibility for management of large customer cloud services contracts post-signature.
This role sits within our Managed Cloud Services business (MCS) and will be assigned to a major account for HDS as part of the customer's MCS program management team. The role is responsible for ensuring an effective Project Contract Manager, for running smoothly Contractual obligations for both HDS internally and the customer under the contractual.
This enables HDS to ensure additional costs are kept to a minimum and to safeguard potential revenue streams, whilst adhering to contractual obligations to the customer.
• Have a thorough understanding of all customer contracts that are the responsibility of the individual.
• Be the first point of contact with the customer regarding all customer issues.
• Have an interest and an understanding of the IT services market and how it is rapidly evolving.
• Deal with all change requests under customer contracts.
• Be able to draft addendums and variations to contracts (with assistance from the Legal and Compliance Department).
• Collaborate with and advise the customer account managers and senior management on unacceptable risks, non-standard terms, etc.
• Demonstrate an understanding of and perform all work in accordance with HDS core values and ethics and business conduct policies.
Contractual Knowledge and expertise:
• Respond to inquiries regarding contractual documentation interpretation,
• Ensure the engagement team is aware of contractual requirements & relevant internal policies,
• Jointly with the project team implement and monitor compliance of the contract,
• support contractual negotiations (preparing documentation, supporting strategy etc)
• Provide advice on how to exploit Commercial Levers (contract terms that benefit project's finances, or that allow for modifications).
• Contract Change Control - ownership of change control procedure: reviewing new RFP's, drafting of SOWs, managing the change control tracking tool, ensure the signatory process is completed etc.
Formal Communications and Documentation Management:
• Provide advice on drafting formal communications to be exchanged with the Client (letters, emails) and keep centralised record of them, jointly with the storage of the rest of contractual documentation.
• Promote, ensure and adhere to contract governance procedures (including the supervision that proper tracking & recording of minutes meetings is in place).
• Proactively manage Customer & subcontractors claims to support negotiations and prevent formal disputes, managing responses and advise business partners of contractual position and risks. Assist in defining, agreeing and implementing strategy for resolution. Claim management set-up and follow-up.
• Provide support on managing contractual obligations
• Ensure contractual obligations with regards Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery are well understood
• Developing and administering subcontracting/third party/alliances agreements related with the engagement in coordination with the purchasing department: preparation of Back to Back with flow down provisions, negotiation with third parties and follow up their major corresponding obligations.
• Provide support for risk management tracking, monitoring and mitigation. Escalation of issues and deviations as needed.
• Develop and maintain relationship with customer counterpart to help the establishment of smooth commercial relationships, keeping firm positioning on claim management.
Interacts with other teams:
The Managed Services and Cloud organisation.
Legal and Compliance Department.
Customer Account Managers.
Required Skills & Experience
• 10 years' experience in negotiating or managing commercial contracts in the IT industry.
• Commercial Contract Management experience of technology outsourcing contracts in the Financial Services.
• Ability to manage multiple transactions simultaneously and work under pressure and against deadlines.
• Must be service orientated as the role sits within Managed Cloud Services (MCS).
• Good understanding of the concepts, technologies, cost management and benefits of the Cloud Infrastructure Capacity & Configuration.
• Strong knowledge of Service & Change Management principles (ITIL Framework)
• Project Management capabilities.
• Effective decision-making skills, even under pressure and while lacking all of the desired information detail.
• Proven ability to interact with multi-skilled teams both internally and at the customer and required third parties.
• Ability to assess, manage and find solutions complex situations balancing HDS and the customer needs.
• Ability to build strong relationships within HDS and with the customer to be able to influence with authority and credibility.
• Professional, self-motivated and results oriented.
• Ability to solve problems independently and know when to escalate.
• Detail orientated.
• Excellent customer and employee relationships - must be able to interact successfully with customers, vendors, and employees at all levels in the organisation.
• Must be an excellent communicator, with excellent English language skills (additional languages highly beneficial), and the ability to explain complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule and to travel.
• Ability to negotiate internally and externally, with tact and confidence.